Parts not recieved

-
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do if I bought parts in the classified section, paid for them, was told they shipped and I would get a tracking number several times but kept "forgetting" to send it, never got the tracking number, and now get no replies to e-mails and the phone number is "not accepting calls"?

I'm pretty new here to this site, and my first experience buying something from here for my Dart turned out to be a loss. I don't know if I can do anything to get my money back because the guy insisted I pay with a USPS money order.

Send joey a PM with the info.

Don't know how long it's been, but, sometimes things happen.

After speaking with the mods, If you don't get your parts, file a mail fraud complaint with USPS.

WOW that sucks,if you don't get this resolved I think some of us would like a heads
Up,I have purchased a few things from members and all dealing have turned out great
Most are good people to deal with
Moe

that is called internet fraud.....I'm not sure we tolerate that here....bein you paid with a postal money order means he has entered into the big time federal fraud thru postal service arena...wonder if he is aware of that????

I have had 2 issues with members on here that I can think of. One was an identical situation to yours excuses excuses blah blah blah. I finally called him out on here and got a refund...he even mentioned to me in an email to "enjoy my free manifolds"...as if he shipped them! Next scenario parts werent shipped the way we agreed and was a huge broker fee as I am in Canada, a certain mod stepped in paid him a visit helped settle the issue and even mail me my carbs. I have taken some time to ship stuff, but have always communicated with the buyer. Be sure to chk out sellers feedback!!

that is called internet fraud.....I'm not sure we tolerate that here....bein you paid with a postal money order means he has entered into the big time federal fraud thru postal service arena...wonder if he is aware of that????

you could also tell us the screen name of this individual in order to prevent this from happening to anyone else here

I have had 2 issues with members on here that I can think of. One was an identical situation to yours excuses excuses blah blah blah. I finally called him out on here and got a refund...he even mentioned to me in an email to "enjoy my free manifolds"...as if he shipped them! Next scenario parts werent shipped the way we agreed and was a huge broker fee as I am in Canada, a certain mod stepped in paid him a visit helped settle the issue and even mail me my carbs. I have taken some time to ship stuff, but have always communicated with the buyer. Be sure to chk out sellers feedback!!
I think we know who that mod was lol .... ok I would go with the guys up top there .... but ur not far from me bud if u need some thing hit me up we can do a face to face kind of thing that way all that mailing bs is out the window idk if i have any of the parts u neeed but would be happy to look bud best of luck to ya btw i would call him out right here 1st to see if he would say some thing it work b4 i seen it ive not had any probs here but ive only donre :cheers: 4 deals

I learned the hard way not to have parts shipped from US to Canada (or vice versa) by using FedEx or UPS. They tack on HUGE "brokerage fees" that are not charged if you use the regular US or Canadian post office. I always request to have the parts shipped insured by regular post office when dealing with our friends to the north in Canada.

Very true. Being that the deal was done with a postal money order and through the mail, it becomes a federal offense. You may want to let him know that. Also let him know that "Bubba" is tired of the "same old same old" and is looking for a little "strange" when he hits the Federal Prison. And have a good supply of "soap on a rope" lined up...

pass the name along so others will have a heads up.

Or members that do know him may give him a bit of a push to get his ducks lined up.

There's nothing wrong or imorral about posting up a name of someone trying to rip you off. (If it's been long enough that you are pretty sure)
I think at the least he should get a morals and "Your word" reminder from other members.
I say drag him out in the sunlight on the site first, then teach him the federal fraud lesson if needed.

Just my two.

that is called internet fraud.....I'm not sure we tolerate that here....
Of course not. But unfortunately, we are going to see more and more of this type thing happening as Internet use becomes ubiquitous and the low life's find and exploit all the places they can do their dirty work. Protect yourself by following some basic safety rules, and learn to recognize the red flags:

1) Never wire money directly, except to a known party
2) Establish the sellers credentials, to whatever extent possible
3) Use credit card transactions wherever possible
4) beware of all requests to send easily negotiable instruments like cash and money orders

Caveat emptor.

Hold up there gentleman, before we start throwing wood under that soon to be burning stake Dodgedart needs to answer a simple question, it was asked earlier. Dodgedart, how long has it been since the member told you the parts were shipped?????????????

It was supposedly shipped by FedEx on September 14th, from Idaho to Kansas. Today is the 24th. The last reply to e-mail I received from the seller was September 16th saying that it shipped and he forgot to give me the tracking number, and would e-mail it to me when he got home from a ball game. That was the 2nd e-mail that he said he forgot to send me the tracking number. I have tried e-mailing him with no other replies throughout the week, and tried calling him. The phone has a recording that says he is "not accepting calls at this time".

just my $.02. A week is long enough to call him out on the forum. The 16th is 8 days ago. Time to get this one nipped in the bud. I personally wouldn't sell my soul for a few $$ but some people are just effed up in the head.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll be sure to post with any details if anything turns out. I would think that if some 69 Dart hood trim shipped from Idaho to Kansas by FedEx on September 14th, it would've been here last week. I really do hope I'm wrong on this because I don't want to lose my money or the part I bought. I'll be the first to apologize if I'm out of line here.

8 Days it should probably be here, but I would give it a little more time before calling out another member.

it is always possible that fedex lost the package, or the label came off, and the seller is just busy, or out of town, mistakes do happen

-
Back