Parts not recieved

-
Hey Demonseed:

Did you end up banning this guy from the site, or do we have to be careful who we deal with here in case he tries selling more stuff?

Hey Demonseed:

Did you end up banning this guy from the site, or do we have to be careful who we deal with here in case he tries selling more stuff?

Yup with extreme prejudice, mostly for the language he used in the emails to Dodgedart and me. Even with his bad spelling you could get the idea.:glasses7:

Yup with extreme prejudice, mostly for the language he used in the emails to Dodgedart and me. Even with his bad spelling you could get the idea.:glasses7:

Now that's funny. I don't give a damn who you are.

What happens when someone gets banned? Does it just ban their email address? If so, this can be easily worked-around. I hope it blocks their IP address!

This thread has made me love this forum a quadrillion times more. If you hadn't have posted this, you probably wouldn't have gotten your stuff. The help here is crazy, I was telling my wife in Afghanistan about all the different threads I have read, like when users here sent donations and went on a road trip to build a wheelchair ramp. My wife was in total shock, she couldn't believe the compassion that I was telling her. It's amazing what a group of enthusiasts with the same interest can get accomplished. Lot of heart and compassion here, I love this place. I ordered a part from a user on here, and had absolutely no trouble. He even went and took pictures of how to install and adjust it, because I'm still somewhat new to this (it was a lokar kickdown). I also sold 2 different things, didn't have any feedback or anything, and only around 50 posts. But you can tell whether the person will be a good seller/buyer by the conversation between him/her. I wouldn't buy from someone that just posts a picture, doesn't respond to messages or threads with questions. But then again, some people put on a pretty damn good mask also. Luck of the draw, I suppose. Like the other enthusiasts have said in this thread, don't let one bad apple ruin your experience here! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

Wow, sorry to hear of your troubles... don't let it ruin a good thing though. I've bought 10 or 15 things from sellers here, almost every one of them were enthusiasts who really cared about what they were selling and cared about me being happy with my purchase. I suppose it's a numbers thing, if he turns out to be less than honorable, you got very unlucky for your first transaction.

That's good news. Now we don't have to worry about having to deal with him.

Thanks for the reply and for banning the bad seller. You rock Demonseed. :prayer:

A few have dared to come back after an instance such as this, the members here bring it all into check,what the members miss the moderators catch and so forth,we all gotta look out for each other is the bottom line,if your buddie gets banned for bein a dummy and comes back under a diffrent name......if he starts being a dummy again don't ya think someone should do something about it???? this place is for friends and families...it's not peytons place....if theres a bad apple in the barrell somebody speak up...I have seen the power of the people here do wonders for people in need.....don't YOU be the one that lets it be for the wrong thing or the wrong person...speak up!!! 1 bad apple spoils the bunch
What happens when someone gets banned? Does it just ban their email address? If so, this can be easily worked-around. I hope it blocks their IP address!

...if you're a SELLER EBay is the most unfriendly. If you are a buyer however, the odds are stacked in your favor.

Agreed

I got screwed on fleabay twice.. Once as a Buyer, once as a Seller

Bought an Injection Pump for my Diesel from a guy in London (the same rare diesel in my truck is still in use over there to this day). Almost a month went by and still no injection pump (when i had bought parts in London from a different seller and they showed up in about a week). So i sent him a courteous message asking about my pump and a tracking number. His response was he'd check the tracking number and get back to me (didn't give me the tracking number, that was the first red flag right there)

Being that this was my first time encountering a bad deal on ebay, i didn't know there was a time limit on filing a claim. The guy responded and told me it would be there in a few days (still no tracking number for me to check for myself). A few days past that date, i emailed him again asking for the tracking number directly (my only question in the message) He got back to me saying "it turns out parcel force doesn't offer a tracking number" :protest: Immediate big red flag right there (hmmm...where'd the tracking number go that you had a few days before?) After speaking with some members on another forum i frequent, they informed me about the time limit on the Ebay Claim and instructed me to file a claim (sure enough, i was only maybe 2 days from the time limit, the guy was trying to run out the "clock" on my ability to file)

I filed the claim, and got my money back. Lost a few dollars though, because the currency exchange rates had changed between the time i bought the pump and the time i was issued the refund. I think that was in 2009... it's going on 2012 and that pump never showed up :tongue10:

In the end, i got on Car-Part and found only ONE Injection Pump in the entire US, at a junkyard in Alaska. Quickly bought it, and with shipping it was $50 less than i paid for the pump from london and it showed up at my door the same week.

Shoe on the other foot. I sold a Radio for a 70's Renault on fleabay, it was missing the knobs and such, but tested out great (even picked up radio stations without hooking an antenna up). It sold for something like $5 plus shipping, was listed AS-IS and i made note of everything that was missing in the Description.

2 weeks go by (after the buyer received the radio, i always check the tracking to make sure a buyer receives his stuff) and the Buyer messages me that the is missing parts (no *censored*, i mentioned it was missing knobs and a bezel/surround in the description... that's what i was thinking, but didn't say it in my response) He requested a refund, and being the calm and rarely spoken person that I am, i sent back half of his money ($2.50). Minutes later he sent me a message demanding all of it back, including shipping!

I contacted ebay, and their response was, "If the item is not satisfactory to the buyer, regardless of the description and being listed AS-IS, you are required to issue the refund" (WTF?!) I sent him the full refund (including the shipping price) and stopped selling/buying on ebay entirely! A few months later i have a message from this Buyer. So i open it and he has the balls to "thank me" for the free radio! :mumum:

-
Back