passenger window help

-

scarlette1969

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my front passenger door was broken out a few weeks ago but i was able to find some new glass. anyway i have the window and am ready to install it but i cant make the glass fit into the channel coming from above. do i have to remove my door skin to get this window in? thanks for the help.

Yes, you have to remove the door panel to install it. How else could you fasten it up or remove the other broken peices from the other window? You will need to make sure the channel has all the broken glass removed too.

I am thinking you have the door panel off already ?
What kind of car, year model would sure help me help on this, I am sure the door skin (outside) will not have to be removed....positive
I do have books and a camera, so maybe I can help.

i have a 1969 dart 4 door. i have the door panel off and have access to the regulator and everything. the problem i have is i cannot fit the glass through the top slit and have it fit into the channels. the angle's are all wrong. so my question is will i have to remove the exterior door panel or is there a trick im missing?

i have a 1969 dart 4 door. i have the door panel off and have access to the regulator and everything. the problem i have is i cannot fit the glass through the top slit and have it fit into the channels. the angle's are all wrong. so my question is will i have to remove the exterior door panel or is there a trick im missing?

No you don't need to remove the door skin. On some doors you need to remove a couple of bolts so the channel will move. Post some pictures of what you have. I have had times I have had to remove the cat wiskers to get the glass in.

Let me look, and you are positive the glass you have is exactly like
the passenger side door window just curved opposite .

Looks like you will have to remove the wing window know that I see it has one, my books don't have the 69 dart brake down , but I am almost sure the wing widow is holding you back. I could be wrong, but we have many great tecs here that will have something for you.... welcome aboard..

If you remove the window regulator, you will have enough room to slide the new glass in from the top. Then work the glass up into the channel from the bottom and tape it down to hold it so you can reinstall the regulator. Make sure you get all the broken glass out of the door or the door will rust out at the bottom in less than a year.

Looks like 69 70 71 72 darts are the same, Grumpuscreature has most likely dun this before.. so you won't have to remove this

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!lwE8FvtGKh1BPDcCml0nQ~~60_1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 194
Memike is spot on, you have to remove the wing assembly, or at least loosen it, in order to make room to get the glass in. Best to remove it, drop the glass in and leave it setting inside the bottom of door, replace the wing leaving it loose, run the glass into the channel and connect it to the regulator, the tighten the wing.

i was able to finally get back into town and got the window in. i had to remove the cat whiskers and loosen the wing window to do it but i have glass again. thanks for all the tips!

Congratulations..:cheers: I was wondering how this has been going :happy1:

I would like a little more info. So I need to put the glass in the door then slide the track down on top of the felt in the front of the track? Should I remove the screw in adjuster on the front of the wing window track?

-
Back