Passion Perfromance 5spd

-

dgc333

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the June issue of Mopar Action? Passion Performance is coming out with a 5spd that is a straight drop in replacement for an A833 4spd. Same clutch, bellhousing, drive shaft and cross member can be used and no floor modifications.

They are rating it at 650 ft-lbs for torque capacity which the article is saying is conservative and it's 100% US made. If the price winds up being close to a Tremic TKO 500 or 600 I can see a Passion 5spd inmy future.

They sound Great. But, I read the price was gonna be in the $4,300-4,500 range for just the trans. maybe with a shifter.

wanna play you gotta play...

I understand that and I'm sure it is a great piece and that it's worth every penny.

This will be the hot ticket for folks who are already running an A-833 and want to keep it super simple with just a trans swap.....

Not putting it down at all it is a much needed and anticipated deal and I am well aware of the costs to develope this kind of stuff and have it made in the US. Hopefully the price will come down some in time. Otherwise I won't be having one...

Attachments

• safe_image passon 5 spd.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 268
  • safe_imagepasson 5.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 297
hopefully they will come down if they sell a bunch of them.. the other thing is i wouldn't want any of the first ones. would definatley wait atleast a year to get one after they come out. i don't care how much testing they do before release there will be some kind of issue they will arise.

No doubt that trans will get refined over time. And if they sell enough of them the cost will come down.

-
Back