Pawn Stars on CRACK!!

-
I didn't see the show, and i don't know what people will pay these days, but 1968 was the only year for the 302 4bbl "J" code GT. Somewhat rare, along with the 68' California Special, but still shouldn't bring the coin that a "S" code 390GT would bring. And there's the late 68'1/2 428 Cobra Jet cars that can bring huge money when done right. More then the 69'/70's.

Boys It's Television, Both shows are for entertainment.The Pawn Star guys own 2 city blocks in down town Las Vegas and have more money than God.
The Counting Cars episode with a silver grey Charger was totally staged.The guy that was "Buying" the car lives across the street from me.So when I saw him I asked ''Hey did you bring the Charger home yet?" He just laughed and said "I was at the right place at the right time,You know me, I drive Fords". 96% makebelieve,But people love it !!

Boys It's Television, Both shows are for entertainment.The Pawn Star guys own 2 city blocks in down town Las Vegas and have more money than God.
The Counting Cars episode with a silver grey Charger was totally staged.The guy that was "Buying" the car lives across the street from me.So when I saw him I asked ''Hey did you bring the Charger home yet?" He just laughed and said "I was at the right place at the right time,You know me, I drive Fords". 96% makebelieve,But people love it !!

It is way too obvious that the sales on Counting Cars is make believe. No haggling or dealing to speak of but hey it is TV. When it comes to Counting Cars they can just count me out.

Believe it or not, that's what those cars bring. I've got a local customer that takes 67-68 mustang coupes and converts them to fastbacks because of this. Fastback mustangs are drying up quick.

I am watching Pawn Stars and they just bought a 68 Mustang GT with a 302 that did not run that will need a complete new interior and a complete resteration on the body for $12,500.00. No wonder people think that their cars are worth what they ask!!

Haven't seen any of those shows either,....Way to busy makin an honest living...

Guessing it was a fastback? If so that has a lot to do with it.....

The "count" said he restored that Mustang GT for low $20,000 range.
I say B.S.
That restoration could not be done for that price. Counting Cars
must lose money on every restoration.

Yep! And the scam begins with the category; REALITY SHOW - Selling fantasy as reality and the public eats it up. Who was it that said "there's a sucker born every minute?"

If you enjoy them, just watch with eyes wide open, and surely don't let a TV show set car prices. MHO

Did you all see the show with the 56 Chevy 'race car'...that would run like 9 sec quarters...with Air Shocks and stock suspension. The count said it was a really nice car. The engine came from some off shore race boat...yep it's a 40K engine. Don't know if I'd want a salt water engine in my hot rod. I think they gave like 40K for the car. The car actually looked pretty good, but it ain't doing 9second quarters safely on that suspension.

Did anyone catch where they said "a 350cc motor" about one of the Chevy's?

i wont even turn that crap on. its all just made for tv and sends false interpretations of how the real world works

Did you all see the show with the 56 Chevy 'race car'...that would run like 9 sec quarters...with Air Shocks and stock suspension. The count said it was a really nice car. The engine came from some off shore race boat...yep it's a 40K engine. Don't know if I'd want a salt water engine in my hot rod. I think they gave like 40K for the car. The car actually looked pretty good, but it ain't doing 9second quarters safely on that suspension.

That's the one I wrote about, "first class" stuff there. The owner said the thing was certified to 8.50... with a 6 or 8 point bar in it? Really?

it aint pawn stars on crack, hell were the ones watching all this reality show dribble and thinking its "real" TV and not scripted, hell its as bad as ted turners "real" 'rasslin

I saw it and laughed- for $12,500... buy a re-pop body and since everything had to be gone through, shoot, buy it out of catalogs and put it in. As far as it being a good replica, well, they got close but the car wasn't a stick, trim not 'right,' no black tail panel, et cetera.

TV, people, TV.

I actually emailed Danny(Count) because I love the 68 in the movie (best chase of all time). I was pissed because he put an automatic in it and didnt throw a proper 390 in the car. Come on, the Bulitt Mustang is all about stiring gears (watch the movie). He says the car is the way Harrison wanted it because he drives it around town etc. To each his own I guess.
Danny Koker is a real car guy but he is also a real business man. I like him on PawnStars, He has built some pretty nice rides.

I say B.S.

That's the show I saw and, based on the work done, I didn't think that number was real unless he was just counting parts with no labor. Otherwise, I should have sent my car out west!! :D

Don' t know about the price, I do know if someone dropped a Ford Mustang in my driveway I woud hope it would be a Steve McQueen 68 fastback. That pawn stars stang is pretty sweet ride. Would love to own that.

I say B.S.

The word "restoration" gets used rather loosely sometimes. I'm guessing more of a paint it and get it running. Making it look pretty doesn't mean you restored it.

I saw it and laughed- for $12,500... buy a re-pop body and since everything had to be gone through, shoot, buy it out of catalogs and put it in. As far as it being a good replica, well, they got close but the car wasn't a stick, trim not 'right,' no black tail panel, et cetera.

TV, people, TV.

You can buy a re-pop body but my understanding is you end up titling it as a new car, unless you have an original one to start with.

-
Back