PayPal denied my claim?

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
So I ordered a part using PayPal that I never received. When I filed a claim through PayPal they investigated and said that my package had been delivered and they were denying my claim. I then contacted the post office which said the tracking number had been delivered to an address a mile away from my house and did not match a description of my order not even close.has anyone encountered this problem before and how is the best way to deal with it.

they did that to me, but what i ordered was 2 rubber tired hose reals. got 2 plastic small parts bag instead. i filed,they denied. said it was delivered. filed again and showed them what i got and finally got reimbursed. long process. took 4 weeks.

Okay I guess I will continue down this path I am so pissed, it's such a big waste of my time and so frustrating!

Get tracking and address sent to info in writing from post office and open another claim. I feel 90% of claims are denied by an automated system. You just need to call them and talk to a representative. Dont submit another claim in writing unless directly told to. If you lose an appeal, that transaction is locked out from any more claims for any reason. was the address incorrect? Why did the post office deliver 1 mile away? That sucks.

Get tracking and address sent to info in writing from post office and open another claim. I feel 90% of claims are denied by an automated system. You just need to call them and talk to a representative. Dont submit another claim in writing unless directly told to. If you lose an appeal, that transaction is locked out from any more claims for any reason. was the address incorrect? Why did the post office deliver 1 mile away? That sucks.
I don't think the tracking number was the right one for my item I'm dealing with an overseas distributing company and I'm not sure that they're being legit. The item delivered weighed 2 lb and the item I'm expecting should be around 20 lb

Yup. seen it before. I ordered a desktop smelter and they delivered 3 cheap masks, then 'lost' the replacement shipment (never happened) Overseas tracking site was a scam too. Paypal finally saw it my way and refunded me but they did need all my proof including correspondence to seller who admitted shipping wrong item the first time, shipper losing 2nd item (BS) and then asking me to accept a 70% refund to their counterfeit shoe site (probably their core business). That correspondence chain probably sealed the refund deal with paypal.

You are now on the defense with Paypal and you have to prove what has happened. I just went through this a few months ago and it look a few weeks. I have never lost a case with Paypal and this is my recipe.....

Call Paypal and escalate it to the next level beyond a phone Rep. Stay calm and yes it will take a little time but you will connect with someone higher up. Tell them your story and that you have done nothing wrong. You want to appeal it and ask what documentation they need for you to prove your case. The rest is on you. Give them what they need. Be nice, open to their needs, and you can win.

Remember they get fraudulent cases every day so your situation did not meet a low level criteria of reimbursement in their opinion. I can't stress enough to be helpful with them through this. It has worked every time for me including a major sale where a buyer tried to screw me out of a number North of 10K.

Good luck,
JW

I have heard of this happening on ebay. These eBay scammers will send out a small package with the wrong address just so they can provide a tracking number to PayPal. A buddy of mine bought something I don't recall what it was now but it weighted like 40 pounds the shipping weight was like 4 ounces and was delivered to somewhere in South Carolina nowhere close to shipping address. And PayPal denied his claim because it had been "delivered" he ended providing all the information and got his money back but it took a long time.

I know to stay calm in professional transactions it's only here where I vent , well at least I try.:mad:

Yes, the paypal lady whom I finally got on the phone was extremely helpful, even allowing me to conference with an Ebay rep (that was fun listening to them put blame on each other) but that case was my one loser, I just didnt approach it from the right side and ended up losing $500.

Thanks guys it's good to hear others have dealt with this and resolve as possible. Tell the truth I kind of should have known it was too good to be true but I've got some really good deals by shopping hard but I think I might have got bit this time.

Yes, the paypal lady whom I finally got on the phone was extremely helpful, even allowing me to conference with an Ebay rep (that was fun listening to them put blame on each other) but that case was my one loser, I just didnt approach it from the right side and ended up losing $500.
Ouch expensive education!

The rep that helped me through my big dispute was this lady who talked to me as if she was a mother lecturing her child. She knew
Thanks guys it's good to hear others have dealt with this and resolve as possible. Tell the truth I kind of should have known it was too good to be true but I've got some really good deals by shopping hard but I think I might have got bit this time.

Don't count yourself out on this one. Follow the steps, be diligent and honest. You might surprise yourself in the end. You seem like a stand-up person so carry that momentum with you.....

GL,
JW

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE-----I was shopping for a PCP air rifle (has a little air tank on it for consistent pressure shots) and found a site that had this same model for $99, everywhere else was >$359..I looked at this site long and hard. Had photos of the rifle as well as other random surplus type stuff for sale. I didnt find their 'stock' pictures anywhere else online, so they seemed legit on that first test. Then I drilled down and found a customer service number. I googled that number and found about 40 different websites that had that same customer service number and all were related to scam site phone numbers. I finally whois'd the website domain and found the site was only purchased 2 months ago. I didnt buy it and about a month later, the website domain was for sale again. My very first tip off of a scam site was the random name of it, it seemed to be just a collection of letters, definitely not in the English dictionary. If its too good to be true, it usually is. I found a brand new HP laptop for sale on an overstock site and it was $12! I actually bought 3 (with a note saying it was a laptop computer) pretty much knowing this was incorrect but maybe the place was so big they made a mistake pricing it (!) It processed and 3 days later I got a full refund with a note saying the UPC code was scanned wrong (the website tools they use used the UPC code to get a pic of the HP laptop) and the item was actually a case of oatmeal cookies! I got a laugh out of it and moved on, no harm done. But I did actually get a complete 9 piece timing set for a Mazda motor for $3 more than just 1 camshaft sprocket on Rockauto. I think they really did price it wrong but I got it anyway, I paid $13 for it and it was relisted for $79 once I received the large box.

Wife has been through this process a few times, but usually b/c the item is broken when delivered, sometimes it has taken a few weeks, but she has won every time.

I hate it when something is shipped USPS. Tracking number seems pretty useless to me. Mine always just imply that it has shipped and I never know any more until I find package on front porch. FedEx and UPS send updates if you want and let you know scheduled delivery.

Ask your credit card company if they will assist.
And we have a winner. I have AMEX linked to my PP. If anything goes sideways, first call is to AMEX. They and PP can fight it out. I have had a few disputes with AMEX purchases (never with PP yet) and after I file a complaint all I get back is something to the effect that "We'll handle it" with a refund right behind it.

-
Back