Paypal help.

-

68fastback

Reaction score
Hello, I need some help with Pay pal. I have not used it in a lot of years and it is all different. I have some questions about it. The answers are not easy to find on their web site. LOL

1. Do I need to get a Premier account or a personal account to buy and sell stuff?

2. Does it cost to sign up or just to make transactions?

3. Can I use my check card on Pay pal?

Thank you

Brad

1 = Just a personal account to buy and sell stuff.
2= No
3= She don't remember. My wife is the Pay pal Guru.

PayPal has become pretty crooked if you ask me. I tried selling ONE thing and when the shipping company damaged it, they pulled money from my account as soon as the buyer made a peep. Couldn't let me work out the insurance claim with UPS first, they just take the money as if it's theirs. I wouldn't give them any more information than they need and ALWAYS withdraw funds ASAP. They will never side with you as a seller either if there is any dispute.

Currently, I only use them to purchase items and I do use my check card, but they will never get my bank account again. You don't need a Premier account to sell. You won't be a "verified" user unless you enter bank info though. Each transaction is charged a percentage. You are not charged for having an account, only for receiving money.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

for my first transaction, I am sending money to another member to pay for shipping and need to know if I will be charged for more than the amount I am sending to him.

Never had a problem with them. Just lucky I guess. Don't ever send Western Union and don't like to publish my Mastercard numbers on the web if I don't have to.

The seller get's less, Not the buyer..you will be charged nothing 68fastback.

I'd send as other, but make sure you send a little more based on the percentages so that they receive enough for shipping.

I believe there's a 30 cent flat fee along with 2.9%. If I round my calculations up, you'd be sending $15.12.

-
Back