Pays to Carry a spare fuel pump.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Hit a cruise in yesterday.

Was expecting to have fun and check out all the new Mopars that got built over the winter, but NOOOOOOO........LOL.

I shut the car down after getting to the cruise in, then my buddy called me and told me to park over yonder with some mopar guys so I fired it up and it ran fine for ten seconds then died...okay try again......no start and fuel pump extremely quiet..(Holley HP 125).

Let it sit for a few while everyone stared.......got it fired again after flogging the gas pedal, then it died again.....fuel pump barely making noise at all....no fuel pressure.

Luckily I had a spare Jegs elect pump in the trunk.....bolted it on and was off and running.

Sputtered on me a few times like I had a bad misfire on the way home but for the most part ran well after it felt like a chunk of trash went through the system then cleared up.

I think my fuel filter got clogged and it is burning out the fuel pumps because the spare Jegs pump got extremely loud as I neared my home and started acting up badly about a half mile from my house.....sputtering intermittently.

Made it home.......gonna replace filter and blow out the lines.....it continues.

If I had the extra change I would be Nixing this system in favor of an MSD Atomic set up.

even though I run a mechanical fuel pump. I have a parts store cheapo electric pump in the trunk that I can hook up quickly to get me home. I has saved my azz one time. That one save made it worthwhile.

Wiinter builds are done??!! Holy smoke I better get going!

Yeah, you'd be surprised.
There are always some deep pocket machines that just come out of nowhere.

Guy rolled in with a high dollar big foot style monster truck that looked like it was an easy 300-k vehicle.

The tires alone probably cost more than a nice driver.

I had the reverse of that happen to me last year. Coming home from Raleigh on the Highway and car started to sputter. Got it over into the breakdown lane and sure enough the electric pump was toast. Still had the mechanical pump so I just bolted it up and connected the hoses and away I went!!

-
Back