PCV/Oil breather advice

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
I'm finishing up my Duster and need a PCV/Oil breather for my car. The car has a 318 with the mopar wrinkle finish valve covers. Any ideas on what fits and might look good? Thanks for the help. Dean

Put a breather cap on one cover and the pcv on the other. Don't forget to install the baffles under both openings so that oil won't splash the breather or the pcv. I believe those covers also have a provision for a oil fill cap that screws on. I usually put that on the breather cover. Here's a post of the oil fill caps and the baffles installed from Stroker416 http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=144168&highlight=aluminum+valve+covers Here's Dusterdude's motor. Looks like he put a fill cap on both covers.Mike

Attachments

• dusterdude.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 130
Ive got a breather cap on one side that has a hose to the air cleaner, the PCV is hooked straight to my carb.

Or is it the other way around.... :p

Yep that works too. You must fill the oil by removing the breather. California emissions on 66 Dart's (and other years too) came with a nipple for a hose on the breather cap and air cleaner. Mike

You need the correct grommet for the valve cover hole although most are pretty standard. The breather cap should fit tight in the grommet as well as the pcv. Whatever fits works but you may have to try different combinations to get what you want. Good luck and post some photos of your finished product when you're done. toolman

-
Back