pedal assembly for 4 barrel conversion

-

3spd6

Reaction score
I am in process of upgrading my /6 to a 4-barrel carb. I am looking for an v-8 cable and pedal assembly to complete the project. All help appreciated in locating these items.

Cheers!

It may help if you put what year car you are working on so you can get the right pedal...

details. You are right. I have a 66 Dodge Dart with a manual column shift.

Thx

I just chuked two of them along with a 318 truck oil pan, two 318 truck oil pickups and various other mopar parts that filled my truck bed all in the dump this afternoon. Tried to sell and then give the stuff away here and no takers. Tired of all the crap layin around here in my way. Round two goin next week.

A few ideas for you. The early A v8 cars had the cable set up. Also you can use the 62-66 B body pedal and cable set up but will have to drill a few new holes. I used that on my 64.The best is the hanging petal A body set up from 67 up.It is also the easiest to find.At some point the cable thru firewall went from a round hole to square,a file works that problem.All of the shorter cables for the v8 cars will be long enough.

Thanks, Darter6! I was wondering the same thing for my '64 Valiant. I have the V8 pedal from a '64 for my 4bbl conversion, but I didn't know what cable. Good to know I can use the V8. I was going to get a Lokar 24" otherwise, but I think that would be too long.

I think I found a photo. It is using the B body pedal and cable from a 65 Belvedere. As you can see it is long enough for the sideway mount. Also a photo of a forward mount.Now these were manual shift automatics without kick down.Lokar or Bouchillon Performance kick down cable kits work if needed. The forward facing carb is using a v8 a body cable.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 147
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. The 67-69 floating pedal is much easier to locate and two people have stepped up with units to sell. Since these are two bolt mounts do I use any of the dimples in the firewall that were set up for the early A-body bracket? As far as the existing hole for the solid linkage I can just throw up a cover plate.

One thing I noticed in the pics from Darter 6 is that there is a custom bracket that braces the cable in front of the carb linkage. Is this necessary? I am not running headers like the ones in the pic. I going with a Dutra setup with the stock exhaust on the rear three cylinders. It looks like the bracket is there to keep the cable away from the headers. Would a return spring on the carb suffice to control cable operation?

Once you start to assemble what you have I'm sure you can make a bracket for the return spring. The top photo is a Jegs bracket for a mopar throttle cable.The lower photo is all home made brackets as you stated.

When using the floating pedal you need to position it so you get full throttle and a comfortable spot for your foot.Some times I will use double face tape to mock it in place before drilling any holes.

-
Back