Pedal assembly

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Do all A body's early and later use the same pedal assembly? I just picked up a set for a '75.

No.
There are some variations.
Basically, '66 and older are not compatible with '67 and newer. (they don't bolt in).
'67 to '71 are the same style, and '72 to '76 are roughly the same style.
There are some variations, such as 340 cars had a stronger over center spring than the others, but '67 to '76 car pedal assemblies will bolt in and work if that's all your after.
Maybe visit the Brewer's Performance web site for more specifics........

75 and 76 are different as they do not have clearance for the steering column on 74 to 67 "A" bodies.

high performace cars had pedal shaft bearings low performance cars had plastic bushings

i've seen needle bearings in some sets...not sure about hi perf.or just a year thing.i have a 73 340 set i'm about to pull apart and i'll post if they're needle bearings or plastic bushings.

Supposedly the ones used with the stiffer return spring (340 - 383?) had needle bearings where the plastic bushing is, where the clutch pedal shaft slides through the brake pedal shaft. i have never personally seen one. As of a few years ago you could still buy the plastic bushings at the dealership.

Supposedly the ones used with the stiffer return spring (340 - 383?) had needle bearings where the plastic bushing is, where the clutch pedal shaft slides through the brake pedal shaft. i have never personally seen one. As of a few years ago you could still buy the plastic bushings at the dealership.

Brewers has the bushings. The assemblies with the heavier spring have a slightly longer spring mount to pivot point distance. This explains it better than I can:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...12_four_speed_a_body_clutch_pedal_adjustment/

as a history note. the Chrysler body had a linkage rod from the pedal to the carb, throu 1964. i had a 63 new yorker wagon get hit in rear so hard the linkage rod opened the carb and put the RPM way up. and it had to pull the plug wires. cause the key came out. in 1965 the Chrysler body went to a cable.

i pulled these apart and they're needles...looks like a set at each end of the inner(clutch. pedal)shaft.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 148
I have a set from a '73 340 4 speed Duster. They have the needle bearings and the heavy duty clutch spring setup. I rebuilt the whole setup, Brewers had everything.

-
Back