Pentastars

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wondering what's up with the different styles of these if anyone knows?

Attachments

• Pentastars 003 (Small).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 199
Wondering what's up with the different styles of these if anyone knows?

What does the red one look like on the back? Was in molded with red colored plastic? Other one looks like normal wear & tear.

possible metal pcs came off plastic at one time and got painted?????:read2:

blk/red one looks like someone did a "home" paint job on it. Originals came in both plastic and metal

What I know of is that Chrysler started to put the pentastar on cars sold in 1964. The pentastar was made in gold anodized cast aluminium held in place with one nut. From 1969 the pentastar was made of black plastic with a gold metal insert. It was just self looked in place.

Attachments

• Pentastjärna.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 155
64dart170, Both of these are molded black plastic with 2 pegs on the back (push-in style).

4spdragtop, Yes, the reddish one has been painted.

DD, I never thought about the Mitsu's having a pentastar......Maybe?

65dartcharger, Interesting info since the reddish one on the right is off a 67 and is plastic, but who knows?

Thanks for all the help so far. Not a big deal, just wondering about the differences in the shape of the inside of the pentastar itself.

Does anyone have one on their car like the one on the right that looks red? I don't think I've seen one like that before......:scratch:

Hey 6pk yeah, I see now, the "star" on the red one is definitely wider. Never seen one like that before, I am assuming that it is a newer version.

My Duster never had one installed from the factory....And I have seen several other original cars over the years that did not as well..............:-k

i yanked a set off a 95 neon that came with them to put on my 98 r/t. they kinda look like the ones on the left but arnt that smooth they have a textured finish. if i can find em ill post a pic

Hey 6pk yeah, I see now, the "star" on the red one is definitely wider. Never seen one like that before, I am assuming that it is a newer version.

Thx, Maybe that's it, a newer version that someone put on the 67 fender. I've never seen one like it either?

My Duster never had one installed from the factory....And I have seen several other original cars over the years that did not as well..............:-k

Yours is a 71 I think? I know there is another thread about these Pentastars here on FABO and kind of a timeline. I'll try and find a link........

i yanked a set off a 95 neon that came with them to put on my 98 r/t. they kinda look like the ones on the left but arnt that smooth they have a textured finish. if i can find em ill post a pic

I didn't realize Mopar put these on the newer cars. Pics would be great!!

-
Back