Pentstar emblem what years got this emblem

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
does the 1967 barracuda get the pentstar emblem?
Pat Faley
67 NB barracuda
69 barracuda convertible
East Peoria IL

Yes it does.

In the same location as 68 and 69. Not sure but seem to remember some were plastic and some metal, but may be just be imaging things.

Started in 1964 as a dealer add on until the production line caught up by late 1964. Came in glovebox then with template as to where to drill and install. 1964-1966 were diecast and chrome plated then gold toned on top of that with black paint accent, and used a black foam rubber gasket underneath along with a tubular clip to attach them to the fender. In 67-72 they went to a plastic base with a built in clip to hold it in place, with a glued in gold tone anodized aluminum insert.

These were installed on the passenger fender only. The product advertizing people wanted this logo mark on both fenders, the bean counters said this will cost too much, no logo mark period. Bean counters relented when product advertizing people said we will compromise and put them on passenger side only since this faces curbside and would be more visible to pedestrians.

Now you know the rest of the story.

I think they stopped mid year in 72. I have some mint 72 dart fenders that did not have the pentastar on it.

May have started in 63 then. Who knows, boxes of em may have been shipped to the dealers to retrofit earlier cars sitting on the lots as well.

May have started in 63 then. Who knows, boxes of em may have been shipped to the dealers to retrofit earlier cars sitting on the lots as well.
Thanks for all the input guys my 69 has one and was just curious if I needed to add one to my 67
Pat Faley
67 NB barracuda
69 Barracuda convertible

-
Back