People piss me off!!!

-

74dusterman

74dusterman
Reaction score
I just need to rant for a moment. I posted a question a long time ago (see "lights flicker and gauge jumps around???"). So now I have some dumbass telling me that it is my fault because I chose to upgrade something on my car. First of all I never asked for criticism about what I did. Second, last time I checked I paid for the fuc#%@ car and the title is in my name so I think I can change any damn thing I please. Third, if you don't like what someone does to their vehicle keep your fuc#%@ mouth shut. I was raised with respect, some people work hard for the money to buy their cars and the parts to work on them, don't be putting them down because you are so arrogant and you think you know everything. You don't know me. You don't know what I do for a living. You don't know what I have been thru in life. You don't know what I value. It pisses me off when someone thinks they know what is better for me. FUC% YOU!!! Keep your egotistical arrogant dumb *** comments to yourself.

Well it probably IS your own fault.

JK :D

I get people who obviously don't know WTF they are talking about tell me that all the time too.
Lots of newb's mostly that think they are a gift to the automotive world and know everything.

I read the original post. seems there was some flipping around of the wires. Backfeed voltage through some diodes? Truth of the matter is that a high percentage of these kind of problems start where the last person worked and your the only person that knows what you did. Double check everything.

Don't take it so hard. When someone brings me their screwed up car, I just look them in the eye and ask them what they did. They say they did nothing (a lie). Did anybody on that thread give you help? You should mention that maybe.

Read where he flipped the wires around on reg. Just can't see that being good for it.

Getting pissed is like wrestling with a pig or arguing with an inspector. It only makes the pig or inspector happy and hurts your own mental and physical health. I can't really offer more than that but I try to keep the zen zone myself. I am not going to allow outside influences to harsh my mellow is all--------------------good luck and keep your eye on the prize!
DR---------------:D

Welcome to the world of the internet forum experts. I got into a bit of an argument recently on a bbq forum. Sadly THAT forum doesn't have the wonderful block feature that this one does...

I just need to rant for a moment. I posted a question a long time ago (see "lights flicker and gauge jumps around???"). So now I have some dumbass telling me that it is my fault because I chose to upgrade something on my car. First of all I never asked for criticism about what I did. Second, last time I checked I paid for the fuc#%@ car and the title is in my name so I think I can change any damn thing I please. Third, if you don't like what someone does to their vehicle keep your fuc#%@ mouth shut. I was raised with respect, some people work hard for the money to buy their cars and the parts to work on them, don't be putting them down because you are so arrogant and you think you know everything. You don't know me. You don't know what I do for a living. You don't know what I have been thru in life. You don't know what I value. It pisses me off when someone thinks they know what is better for me. FUC% YOU!!! Keep your egotistical arrogant dumb *** comments to yourself.
Whoa there.
Sorry I ruffled your feathers.
I've lived a life diagnosing and troubleshooting technology as my profession.
Never called you names or characterized you in any way.
I try to help people for free.
I tell true tales, and have witnessed many people invite trouble into their lives by choice. If I didn't breathe electronics for a living, I wouldn't have experience to speak from. Nothing personal.
I send you my best wishes.
I'm going through the hardest time in my life right now, and helping other people helps ME cope.
I'd buy you a beer, if you were here.
Fighting is for the bowtie guys.
Again, sorry you took my input as condescending or rude.

Obviously you are new here....wanna see folks get their panties in a wad? Just mention swapping an LS into a worthless / car....or perhaps a 4l80e so you can take advantage of an electronic trans with a lock up t/c....

Whoa there.
Sorry I ruffled your feathers.
I've lived a life diagnosing and troubleshooting technology as my profession.
Never called you names or characterized you in any way.
I try to help people for free.
I tell true tales, and have witnessed many people invite trouble into their lives by choice. If I didn't breathe electronics for a living, I wouldn't have experience to speak from. Nothing personal.
I send you my best wishes.
I'm going through the hardest time in my life right now, and helping other people helps ME cope.
I'd buy you a beer, if you were here.
Again, sorry you took my input as condescending or rude.
I owe you an apology. Sorry I flew off the handle about your comments. I realize you were merely trying to help remedy my problem. I constantly have people second guessing things I do, or telling me how to do things. After a while it builds up and I snap, it isn't anyone's fault but my own. Again, I am sorry for my actions, you did nothing to deserve it.

Getting pissed is like wrestling with a pig or arguing with an inspector. It only makes the pig or inspector happy and hurts your own mental and physical health. I can't really offer more than that but I try to keep the zen zone myself. I am not going to allow outside influences to harsh my mellow is all--------------------good luck and keep your eye on the prize!
DR---------------:D

A guy that I used to work with had a sign in his office:

Arguing with me is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a while you realize that you are cold and tired and the pig is enjoying it....

I personally enjoy a good argument or debate. And will quite often play "devils advocate" if I am in a room full of people who are all in agreement about something.

Seriously. Whats the point in debating something or talking about something with a bunch of people you know will agree with you? Why surround yourself with "yes" men? So you can mentally masturbate to the idea of how right you are?

Good debate. Good arguments. Discussion of ideas and topics that matter to us. And the finding of truth and logic through these debates and arguments. Used to be the cornerstone of being a human being. It was what separated us from the animals. From ancient greek philosophers. To the average man just having a drink with his buddies and talking about the news. Unfortunately some people will be dicks about their view and what they think is right. But rather than let that get to you. Celebrate the fact that they can have a different view. Because one day that may not be possible. These days if you have a view that is not "politically correct" or does not conform with the "main stream" view. You are labeled as a bigot, or racist, or whatever other term they can come up with to try and silence you. Without actually debating the issue with you because they know they won't win. If you tell someone they are wrong, you get in trouble, while that person goes to a "safe place" (I'm not saying this is the case for you op, just mentioning a growing trend at colleges).

So be happy someone can tell you that you are wrong. Maybe you are wrong. As much as most of us hate to admit. We don't know everything (but we still have to promise each other we will pretend we do). Have a good discussion or argument with your friends over something important the next time you see them. Contribute to logic and reason through discussion and debate, help keep intelligence alive by challenging viewpoints and finding the logical solution. Use debating and arguments to learn more, to keep growing. Or else whats the point?

It can be hard to decipher someone's "tone" with text. My wife does a lot of communication for work via email and I am constantly talking her out of these elaborate scenarios she creates from simple written statements.

I catch myself doing it all the time too.

Its hard for people that have a talent I.E engine building, Electronics , and so on to understand why people that don't know , do what they do. They assume we all know or should know what were doing before we start. For the most part we do , we research the different forums and ask the questions but many times find ourselves in too deep.
Heres where the frustration starts for the people in the know . They put out the information they know without effort because that's what they know, without guess
and most are more then helpful. car electrical is one of the worst topics there is but becomes one of the simplest as you learn and do .
Dell will contest to this . I have leaned a lot from him in the last several years but heres a guy that gets frustrated with people that want him to solve every little problem they have. Dell will bend over backwards to help ( especially if it sounds like a challenge ) after awhile it becomes redundant if people don't grasp it.
This doesn't excuse being rood but when you ask questions openly you put yourself out there. Take it with a grain of salt.

There are plenty of people that think you can't improve on what the factory did... It's not true, but, some live thinking that they spent time figuring this stuff out. Well until the bean counters got involved. My headlight relay kit is proof that the factory didn't do it right and you can improve the system, making the charge system safer, even in factory configuration.

One thing I read was you have a ground wire from regulator to the body. Almost the same as your attaching screws to body. Go from the regulator to battery neg or back to the block. See if that helps with the issue. Easy as running a temporary jump wire.

I personally enjoy a good argument or debate. And will quite often play "devils advocate" if I am in a room full of people who are all in agreement about something.....

Seriously. Whats the point in debating something or talking about something with a bunch of people you know will agree with you? Why surround yourself with "yes" men?....

Like a good debate? Mention in a thread that someone should just ignore the fact that their newly purchased car has been rebodied, because he's just joined a club that a million other Mopar owners are in.

Then. Watch. The. Feathers. Fly.

It happens,guy.... Respond ,in a cordial way, some times, you get flamed.... I used to do this daily...,Don't ,sweat it......

-
Back