People who want to know a lot about cars,

-
I would def. miss that car too...the new gt-r is pretty sick though.. cars like that are in a different class though. Was it a right hand drive car?

Yes, took a few days to get use to shifting with my left hand. Probably could of bought the conversion kit to make it left hand drive but it wasn't worth the 25k they wanted for it.

As long as it was not silver with blue decals and blue neon under it I am sure it was a nice car. I was always curious what the shift pattern was on a left hand drive car and where the clutch was.

The other day my wife called a Corvette a Mustang and when I tried to explain the difference she just said, "Oh who cares they all look the same anyways." I just shut my mouth and shook my head.:angry7:

The other day my wife called a Corvette a Mustang and when I tried to explain the difference she just said, "Oh who cares they all look the same anyways." I just shut my mouth and shook my head.:angry7:
no kidding...the Mustang actually looks good.

:D

As long as it was not silver with blue decals and blue neon under it I am sure it was a nice car. I was always curious what the shift pattern was on a left hand drive car and where the clutch was.

Mine was an olive green color (I forgot the actual name) the shift pattern is the exact same as a left hand drive car. First/second gear close to you in left hand but its the farthest with right hand drive. Oh and the pedal setup is the exact same has a left hand drive car.
While this one isn't my car, this is exactly what mine looked like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_Nür_001.jpg

Tell your psychology teacher that all of the current Chrysler Hemi ads apparently have had a subliminal influence on her memory. She may have a deep rooted, repressed passion for Chrysler products which may compromise her psychological well being if she doesn't act on these feelings and buy a real Hemi in a Challenger!

Nah, anal retentive.

Lol, it is un-believable. Put my 70 Duster alongside a 70 Camero; do they even have the slightest resemblance?

i had a guy try to argue with me that my duster wasnt a 73 and was a 72.

he also said it shouldnt have a 318 but rather a hemi. i think he was high

What about when your like "Yeah, it's a 72 dart" and they're like "Really? I had a dart that looked just like that! it was a 66! And I'm like,..... really?

Back in middle school and early on in high school, the powerband thing... Dirt bikes were quite prevalent back then, and EVERYONE had to have an "aftermarket powerband!" I was honestly tempted to start making "aftermarket powerbands" and selling/installing them...

One of my favorite things when growing up though was the Geo Storm....... They race you and get spanked and refuse to admit that their Civic or Jetta or whatever just got own3d by a GEO... Then they see the engine and say, "Oh that's why it's so fast! You engine-swapped it with an Isuzu! You took the 3-cylinder out!!" **facepalm**

Lol, it is un-believable. Put my 70 Duster alongside a 70 Camero; do they even have the slightest resemblance?

Yes.... They're both made of metal, have glass, rubber tires, and shiny wheels! That's a LOT of similarities, imho!
Remember guys and gals, it IS entirely possible to own a 273-318-340-360 LA motor with Hemi heads. You'll just have to cough up the 6-7 grand for the head conversion. Oh they amount of people you could f**k with at car shows :twisted:

^ Would be totally worth it!!!

- CK

Update:

So, in the two weeks I've owned my '76 Duster, so far I've heard:

"What is it, a Pontiac?"
And the coup de grace:
"That a Pacer?"

Seriously? Pacer? It looks nothing like a Pacer! >:\

280px-1975_AMC_Pacer_base_model_frontleftside.jpg

^ That's one badass Mopar!!! Must have the 351 Cleveland Hemi V12 Viper LT1 engine...

- CK

-
Back