[WANTED] Performance Heads for Magnum or LA

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys looking for some good high flow heads for my Magnum 5.9. I'm open to Aluminum or Cast Iron. Heads don't have to be for a magnum, I can make LA Heads work if they're worth it (like say a set of trickflows). Anyways, let me know if you have anything. Thanks!

That's pretty a general classification not knowing the rest of your build other than 5.9 (360) Magnum. It depends on what they're going in and its intended use. Maybe a mildly worked set of 974 LA iron heads would be adequate, or maybe a set of speed master bare magnum head with good valve and port work by one of the resident head wizards here.

The only aluminum head I know for a Magnum besides the TF’s are the Edelbrock’s. You can use an LA head on a Magnum if you use pushrod oiling. Comp Cams Pro Magnum shaft rockers can be oiled this way as well as some others.

I guess I could have been more specific. I don't care for a set of reworked factory heads. I'm open to:
-Real 318b EQ's
-Indy Mag-x
-Edlebrock
-Trickflow
-or?

I am willing to go pushrod oiling shaft rockers for a sweet set of heads, although would prefer a magnum option.

My build is a stock displacement 360 (for now) with a 218/224 110 cam, rpm airgap intake, longtube headers in a Grand Cherokee.

Thanks for the help!

I’d say you were specific enough. The iron heads you listed flow less than the aluminum counter parts OOTB & ported. The best head for the job is the Trick Flows unless you go to a MoPar W head or Indy head.

The move away from a factory head to a performance head should be coupled with a better cam to take advantage of the head. This would be in terms of lift. Your cam, has very little lift. It can work well with stock heads or mildly worked over stock heads since the lift is under .500, everything is focused on the valve job and bowl area.

Hmmm...I might be getting my hands on 8 brand new magnum r/t heads shortly...pm if that interests you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back