Performer vs AirGap

-

68 Coronet RT

68 GTS # 508 in Registry
Reaction score
Which is the better intake for the 340's, a Edelbrock Performer or the AirGap. I ran a Performer on my Coronet R/T and she ran really good but I'm not to sure which one will give me the best bang for my buck on my 340.

I think the airgap would be better for a denser colder air charge, but bot the airgap and regular RPM lack a heat riser well, making an engine
tempermental with either one.

Other thing to look at is cost. How much of that is a factor in your purchase? I bought an eddy RPM SBM used, for $100 on evilbay and sandblasted it, and painted it.

How much is a new airgap? VS a performer RPM

Last edited:
The Performer RPM and Air-Gap are identical internally. The only difference is the lack of heat crossover in the Air-Gap. regular Performer is more of a low end torque, smaller port intake.

Air gap on my 340, just be advised it is tall. Air filter clearance may be an issue for you. Mine is in a 70 dart, factory filter and it's tight !

Which is the better intake for the 340's, a Edelbrock Performer or the AirGap. I ran a Performer on my Coronet R/T and she ran really good but I'm not to sure which one will give me the best bang for my buck on my 340.
RPM will better match the ports on your heads.

the video, though, wasn't testing the eddy performer. All there test were RPM air gap vs RPM vs Victor. OP asked about the performer vs RPM.
I would think the RPM wins every time on a 340.

Im running the performer rpm and went with cool carb technologies carb heat shield and spacer and have comftortable clearance

-
Back