Performer vs. RPM

-

drtybttr

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if there was a real difference between the eddy performer intakes and the RPM version. And no I'm not talking about the air gap. We all know that one rules. I'd just be curious if there is much of a difference in hp and tq gains between the two. I see that the rpm has a little higher powerband. Just looking for opinions here. So is it worth the extra couple bucks?

Oh Lordy

The Performer is a idle to 5500 rpm intake and the RPM is a 1500 - 6500 rpm intake just like the air gap except it has a heat provision to warm up the carb.

So the RPM performs exactly like the RPM A-G when cold and a slight tad less when warm unless you need the heat for the cold weather. Then it's much better than a A-G.

Hay rumblefish, do you think the Milodon valley pan would make the difference up between the rpm and the air gap?

Nope.

The intake charge will still soak up heat from the solid runner/valley manifold.....

Only thing valley pans are good for is intake leaks and collecting sludge, IMO.

I notice the plenum is higher on the rpm. Is the added performance worth the shorter hood clearance. Engine is going in a mini truck so clearance will be an issue. I'm just not sure if cutting the hood for the rpm is even worth it.

-
Back