pertronix?hummm any good?

-
Reaction score
i'm thinking about getting the d-141-700 for mine and i'm just wandering if there as good as the other brands out there.ita pretty much a shock 340,i do have the 6al msd and a blaster 2 coil on her.

Electronic Ignition Conversion kit.
Factory style vacuum advance distributor and
Mopar High Output Orqange box along with
wiring harness and ballast resistor. Complete
instructions make this kit a simple afternoon bolt
on project. Look below for package deal!
Upgrade E.C.U. to P4120534 chrome box for $20.00 (C)
MRE 6991 273-318-340-360 ........................................$199.95
MRE 6993 361-383-400 ................................................$199.95
MRE 6995 413-426-440-HEMI ......................................$199.95
Vacuum Advance Distributor Only ..................$132.95

http://www.manciniracing.com/

Mopar is cheaper

The Pertronix kits seem to work well, and if your present distributor is in good condition and has an advance curve well optimised for your kind of driving, then might be a good pick. I don't use them for the same reasons I don't use anybody else's aftermarket ignition components: when it fails away from home, yer outta luck. I also don't use the Mopar electronic ignition, which is okeh but not great, especially these days (ignition module quality is in the crapper), and the MP electronic conversion kits have a distributor with an advance "curve" (more like a straight line, all advance dumped in at once) really unsuitable for street usage.

I like the HEI upgrade , myself.

The Pertronix kits seem to work well, and if your present distributor is in good condition and has an advance curve well optimised for your kind of driving,

I like the HEI upgrade , myself.

I'm only guessing, here, Dan, but I'd say he still has a (probably dual point) points distributor in his 340. So he can't just hang an HEI on there

I installed the pertronix and saw and immidiate improvement in gas and performance, timing is always on the money each and every time

I actually just did a full tune-up, with a Pertronix conversion, yesterday on my 69 /6 225. I love them. I have used them on a couple cars in the past, one being a 1949 Cadillac ser. 62. I have never had problems with them, as long as you pay attention to in the install instructions and have good connections to your ignition coil.

-
Back