Pertronix kit

-
I had a problem. It just plain stopped working. When I first put it in it ran great. Then one day I pulled in the driveway, shut the car off, and that's all she wrote. No more spark. Their techline was very helpful. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT! It was 10 month into 12 month warranty so they replaced it. I have yet to put the new one in. Conversely, I have heard much more positive than negative feedback regarding Pertronix.

My advice would be to search around for a better price, go to amazon and see what they have. I was looking for just the conversion kit and found it for half the price.

The guys at the transmission shop where I worked have two rail dragsters. One Buick 455 powered and one 440 powered. Both run the Petronix conversion. The cheap one. Under 100 bucks. The Buick runs strong 8s and the MoPar will break into the 7s this year. They work good.

have several conversions in dads fords. just installed one in his T-bird and it was dead before I ever even got the car started. made a Huge difference in the Y block ford he had. car started and ran better than it had in a long time.

Mine died several weeks ago. Pertronix sent me new Ignitor II and Blaster II. It is setting on the work bench. I'm not sure If it will go back in but, like others I heard the product was good so I bought it. I guess that wasn't any help.

Unless you need a distributor with the package, the Pertronics Ignitor 3 with built in rev limiter and a good coil is hard to beat for the price.

Unless you need a distributor with the package, the Pertronics Ignitor 3 with built in rev limiter and a good coil is hard to beat for the price.

I just wish they made one for the slant!

I personally wouldn't use craptronix for cars I work on. Have had way to many fail and I have to do the work again. Save up and do it right the first time. These drop in units are susceptible to heat and will burn out. Go either the GM HEI conversion or just order a MSD Billet distributor.
Both are built better and will last....

It better be "decent" for $574. I got an HEI distributor for my small block on ebay for $45. My eventual hope is an LS coil for each cylinder, which is the ideal ignition.

I had a problem. It just plain stopped working. When I first put it in it ran great. Then one day I pulled in the driveway, shut the car off, and that's all she wrote. No more spark. Their techline was very helpful. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT! It was 10 month into 12 month warranty so they replaced it. I have yet to put the new one in. Conversely, I have heard much more positive than negative feedback regarding Pertronix.

Sounds like you wrote up my exact experience! I still have the replacement - uninstalled.

-
Back