petty blue twister(1972)...............conclusion

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
some may know about the title issue with this car, and all. i contacted broadway, but they cannot help.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=126129

so, i spent the entire day running around north carolina, in a title frenzy, tracking down people affiliated with this car.
if it was a /6 or regular duster, i would not have gone through all this. i would of stopped at the point when ncdmv told me i was screwed today.

thanks to careracer little tidbits on ifo on the car, NEXT WENT TO CHECK ALL MY PAPERWORK, AND IT HAD THE ORIGINAL OWNERS' NAME ON A LEIN PAPER THAT I GOT WITH IT.
so after going to one house, then another, i started to get on the trail of the orig owner. 8 houses later, i knock on door and find the guy who it belong to last................... AND ON TOP OF IT, HE BOUGHT THE CAR BRAND NEW. HERE IS THE STORY....................

the original owner, roger craig and his wife went to the reidsville dodge dealer in oct 1971. they looked at a few 340-4 speed dusters in the high impact color. afterlooking through the lot, they see this tb3 petty blue duster twister. the wife screams out, that is the car i want. but the dealer gives them the bad news that it was a special order for a 19 year old marine. it had just arrived, and was waiting for the new owner to pick up.
so they went home, and a few days later, they went back to but a 1971 plymouth duster 340 4 speed in LEMON TWIST.
as they were doing the paper work, they overheard that the kid that was supposed to buy the tb3 car was not able to complete the purchase.
so the guy tells me that the wife jumped out of her seat yelling that she now wants that one!
needless to say, they drove the car home, after trading in a ford fairlane.lol

so, he drove it for 20 years. in 1992, the 318 started to knock lightly.
he decided rather than kill it, he would jack it up, and put blocks under it.
there it sat for two years: in a lean-two until him and his wife divorced in 1994.
so, in 1996, still sitting in the same spot, the wife gave it to her uncle , mr ramsey. he had it and then passed away, and everything was left to his son . his son never did nothing with it, and he sold it to a robert macker****, for 50 bucks!. this guy bought tones of performance stuff for it, but when dmv told him that in order to get a title, he had to get it roadworthy, he decided he did not want to take the chance and sold it to.............................. carfxracer. here is where you come in to finish the story.lol A MEMBER ON HERE. he bought it just for the goodies, and traded it to a kid in york s.c. josh from s.c is young and not motivated enough yet for the a-bodies, but has other mopars. now here is where i buy it from josh in s.c, and now the car has met its final destination.

yea, it is not a 340, or a 4 speed, but i have only had the car a few days, but have gotten so much attachment to it.

i am still going to finish the scamp i started, but i am so waiting to get this car back into prestine condition, and my plans are to drop a 340 four speed sertup in under the hood!

on a side note, i asked the owner what he wanted for him just going to dmv and getting me a duplicate title, and he told me that i have to let him drive me around stoneville and eden n.c fora day, and let him row it through the gears!lol

well, here is some up to date pics of the way the car sits now..............................

Attachments

• tb3 duster 001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 715
  • tb3 duster 002.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 669
  • tb3 duster 003.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 706
  • tb3 duster 005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 654
  • tb3 duster 004.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 668
  • tb3 duster 008.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 675
  • tb3 duster 007.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 659
  • tb3 duster 006.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 692
That is way too cool. AWESOME car and great story to go with it. Good you were able to get in touch with the PO to get the title issues straightened out. A lot of times the owners info is non existent or the person has passed on and there is no way to get a title. please post up pics of the restoration on your beautiful petty blue Duster!!!!

Nice catch and good job on saving it! :thumbrig: Looks like a good start for something bigger like that!

any clue where i would go to find out how many 72 dusters were petty blue? and of that, how many were twisers?.

i just do not get how the car is blue, with white stripes, but the hood is black with blue. thought they would did some type of white with the blue........mamopar for ya.lol

Nice catch and good job on saving it! :thumbrig: Looks like a good start for something bigger like that!

yessir, 340 and four speed with rally dash.

did all 72 twisters come with sharktooth grille/ or no.

mike, i emptied my inbox and lost address, please send it to me. and you still have that /6 and trans if you want it, you just have to help me pull it out:thebirdm:lol

any clue where i would go to find out how many 72 dusters were petty blue? and of that, how many were twisers?.

i just do not get how the car is blue, with white stripes, but the hood is black with blue. thought they would did some type of white with the blue........mamopar for ya.lol

Chrysler Historical Collection,CIMS 410-11-21,12501 Chrysler Freeway,Detroit, Mi. 48288 (313)252.2902

yessir, 340 and four speed with rally dash.

did all 72 twisters come with sharktooth grille/ or no.

mike, i emptied my inbox and lost address, please send it to me. and you still have that /6 and trans if you want it, you just have to help me pull it out:thebirdm:lol

No mine came with a standard grille and no hood scoops

proud of ya, good job! check out mymopar . com it has a vin search for some of the production figures, may now work to narrow down. I do have GG mopar white books, if you want to pm me the first 6 of the vin, it may help too.

For your enjoyment 340plot:cheers:
1971_dusterad.jpg

That's the '71 ad though. Still pretty cool8)

another odd deal is they came with Rally wheels but no trim rings. Just like a Demon sizzler. I have a 71 Twister /6 sharktooth hood scoops, and with standard dash. I REALLY like yours!

That color is called Basin street blue or Super blue... Dodge called it one thing and Plymouth called another.

That color is called Basin street blue or Super blue... Dodge called it one thing and Plymouth called another.

so, it is not considered petty blue?

now how would you go about painting the hood? is the black part a sticker or what for the fin area on hood?

so this car came with the rallies with trim rings, hood scoops, no sharktooth grille that i am aware of. would the grille be on the fender tag or build sheet?

blue car .....white stripes......black hood...... sounds familiar ..:cheers:

Glad you got it resolved, amazing what a bit of leg work will do......

you are not kidding.lol

i really want to start the resto on it tonight, but i must control myself until the scamp comes back from shop, so i can finish it first.lol

you are not kidding.lol

i really want to start the resto on it tonight, but i must control myself until the scamp comes back from shop, so i can finish it first.lol
Patience my friend, PATIENCE......

-
Back