pg classic shifter rods

-
I bought a set from Classic Industries reverse rod would not clear the trans mount I think PG Classic uses the same supplier

Don't feel like you are alone there. A lot of aftermarket replacement rods seem to be lacking in design with respect to the reverse link. Many have had the issue. Brewers is the best IMO.
Some folks have made their own rod or mismatched from a previous set that would fit. I even had the issue with my V-gate.

Here's yet another thread that may help ya.....................

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=262981&page=4

PG Stands for PURE GARBAGE!!!!! Don't waste your money on that china made thrash.....

Hold on there Pilgrim, they aren't that shabby. The reverse does not fit out of the box, a little tweeking and it falls into place. The 1/2 and 3/4 are much thicker then my stock ones and mated to my comp plus with no problems (O/D trans). I have the stock reverse to use if there is any problem. The heftier rods are a big plus and a little work gets the reverse rod to work. The price wasn't too bad either, but that was 5 years ago.

Attachments

• WP_20141212_20_33_39_Proa.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 214
Thanks for the replys guys. I bought the shifter rods with the shifter and shifter handle here on FABO as a complete setup. So I didn't hand pick these rods. My reverse rod doesn't have as sharp as a bend as the one pictured here. It looks like I'll need to bend it a bit. I have nothing to lose.

-
Back