Phantom Mopar Muscle: Chrysler’s Ball-Stud Hemi V8

-
Well my 2 cents is, why have a hemi combustion chamber for offset valves / It wouldn`t flow as good as the true hemi head, might as well run smaller narrower chambers, since it wouldn`t have the hemi flow effect to it. Probly didn`t want to be accused of copying the rat !
W/ wedge intake ports, and the wrong shaped D ports too ! Bet it was dog compared to the real thing !--------jmo

My guess would be that the valve/port arangements are probably designed around a headbolt/lifter arangement left over from B/RB engines(look at what the beancounters did to the LA smallblocks and you will figure it out). The valves are canted but thats where the similaritys end with Clevelands and BBC´s in my humble opinion. i could see how the chambers could have been narowed Boss9 or gen3 style but except for that im confident those engineners who designed that thing might be a whole lot smarter than most of us on this board.

My guess would be that the valve/port arangements are probably designed around a headbolt/lifter arangement left over from B/RB engines(look at what the beancounters did to the LA smallblocks and you will figure it out). The valves are canted but thats where the similaritys end with Clevelands and BBC´s in my humble opinion. i could see how the chambers could have been narowed Boss9 or gen3 style but except for that im confident those engineners who designed that thing might be a whole lot smarter than most of us on this board.

I think it was an under performer compared to the elephant, only cheaper to build ------------------

-
Back