photoshop

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
can anyone do a couple of pictures for me just a different color thats all

I can try, post them and an idea of what you want. I played with a friends boat, sometimes it's easy sometimes not, depends.
here's the original
kims_water_corrected.jpg

a couple different colors
kims_water_corrected2.jpg

kims_water_corrected3.jpg

Ok, you said green right?
this one wasn't as easy as the boat, the metallic gold was too similar to the rest of the scenery to just grab that color and yank. I had to cut out the car and color it separately. let me know what you think
before:
11b6rnn.jpg

here's the cut out, after doing the rough cut, I pasted it in as a layer and did a better trim job, then I could yank the colors all over the place.
2jeoec2.jpg

after cutting and coloring the body bright green, I adjusted the opacity to about 38% so you could see through it, which gives you the texture of the car back. the green layer was just all green and looked horrible by itself.
28ujihd.jpg

in case anyone is curious, I don't use Windows I use Linux so all software is free. for this I used a program called GIMP which comes with Linux but is available for Windows or Mac for free. it really is every bit as good and in some ways better than Adobe Photoshop.

so here is how you paint a Duster.
step one find a Duster to paint, open two copies, on one of the open copies use the eraser tool to erase everything except the painted part of the car. the better job you do here the better the end product will look. after you get it cut out copy it and paste it onto the other open copy as a layer. make sure it is lined up exactly.
95pmhw.jpg

in the "Colors" menu you will find Colorify, click on it.

9glvo0.jpg

once there, pick a color near what you basically want and click ok.

nzh7oy.jpg

now the car should be a different color, red in this case.

2gxmqmf.jpg

again in the color menu you will find Hue and Saturation, click on it. as you slide the Hue slider around the car will change color. get to the color you want and click ok. while here you can also adjust the lightness/darkness and the saturation. play with all of them and have fun. if you want to start over hit reset and it will go back to where you started.

s2yxle.jpg

15y9kyt.jpg

GIMP is available here for free:
http://www.gimp.org/
Scott

those look really nice, was that green not able to work for some reason? and yes I said green I sent like 5 pictures and I believe the very last one was this one

0809phr_09_z+1970_dodge_super_bee+front_right_view.jpg

are you saying you want an exact match? i figured you just wanted an idea of what it would look like about that color green. it's a bit hard to get it exact since I'm still dealing with the gold of the original color. as you try to go darker it starts showing what's called artifacting which is a product of the jpeg compression. I'll play with it some more if I get a chance.

ya as close as possible to that green.. I do appreciate it so much

and DD ya I saved it on my computer when I saw it. I like that car and color SO MUCH

-
Back