Picanha steak Who likes?

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First attempt for me. Sliced with the grain as I do believe it will be easier to cook this way than whole, and get the 128/130 degrees or so i am looking for.

Salted enough I hope, and overnight rest in the fridge for drying.

Slow and Sear Weber 22" setup. I am ready to go and anticipate a salivating Lovely meal! Will cut across the grain at serving time!

IMG_3663.jpg

The other end of the Sirloin from Tri-Tips. Should be tasty. I seen they are also called Culotte steaks, those I have seen in the markets out here in the west. Looks like a good place for some
PhotoRoom-20210903_073646_5_200x200.png
:D

Wow that was really good, I highly recommend, cheaper than 2 prime Ribeye's! As tender as Filet and beefy as Ribeye! Deserves it's title as the queen of steaks.

Served it with Mushrooms and Potatoes cut and cubed and grilled on the BlackStone flat-top!

Indirect cook to 120F, short rest for the fire to Come back to full. Then seared 1 minute a side, twice. First ever attempt and Nailed it!

Brazilians do it with Chimichurri drizzled over it, But me no like Garlic! Hawaiian ONO for the salt!

GVFL3776.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

The other end of the Sirloin from Tri-Tips. Should be tasty. I seen they are also called Culotte steaks, those I have seen in the markets out here in the west. Looks like a good place for some

View attachment 1716089227 :D
Yes that is what I set my My Weber IQ mini for "Culotte" to get to the 120 for the first phase!

img_3671-jpg.jpg
Now I gotta look and see what's in that stuff. I can think of some veggies that I burn that might like no garlic. :D

View attachment 1716089522Now I gotta look and see what's in that stuff. I can think of some veggies that I burn that might like no garlic. :D
It has some Garlic in it, But not much! Least that I can taste! I actually get violently Ill if I have to much Garlic. This is absolutely great on Pork butts and More!

Was first introduced to this while visiting my brother on Oahu!

Wow that was really good, I highly recommend, cheaper than 2 prime Ribeye's! As tender as Filet and beefy as Ribeye! Deserves it's title as the queen of steaks.

Served it with Mushrooms and Potatoes cut and cubed and grilled on the BlackStone flat-top!

Indirect cook to 120F, short rest for the fire to Come back to full. Then seared 1 minute a side, twice. First ever attempt and Nailed it!

Brazilians do it with Chimichurri drizzled over it, But me no like Garlic! Hawaiian ONO for the salt!

View attachment 1716089513

View attachment 1716089514

View attachment 1716089515

View attachment 1716089516

View attachment 1716089517
Man, that looks delicious! I never knew coulottes were picanha. For some reason, I always thought they were just steaks off a tritip. Good to know!! I wish coulottes in my neck came with that fat cap. For some reason, they trim that off around here.

Man, that looks delicious! I never knew coulottes were picanha. For some reason, I always thought they were just steaks off a tritip. Good to know!! I wish coulottes in my neck came with that fat cap. For some reason, they trim that off around here.
That is a sin to Cut the Fat cap off to much!

I sliced the whole cap with the grain into 4 steaks 1-3/4". No fat removed! Then final cut across the grain, That fat adds so much Flavor!!! It caramelized and was crispy good!

Last edited:
Wife cooked a full Blackstone Griddle Breakfast this AM! She told me that steak was the best she ever had, and needed to reciprocate!

Not sure if a compliment or a dish!

We were both impressed, and this will be in our "A" list of favorite recipes! I will use this exact method for Ribeye and Filet going forward!

First attempt for me. Sliced with the grain as I do believe it will be easier to cook this way than whole, and get the 128/130 degrees or so i am looking for.

Salted enough I hope, and overnight rest in the fridge for drying.

Slow and Sear Weber 22" setup. I am ready to go and anticipate a salivating Lovely meal! Will cut across the grain at serving time!

View attachment 1716089174
Looks great , nice marbling!
I've never heard of pichana

-
Back