Pick How I Should Do Grill

-

chastee1

Reaction score
Car is Gun Metal with a semi-gloss stripe and Hemi hood scoop (just the scoop, rest of hood is body color). Wheels are semi-gloss black 17". I'm thinking I black out everything except the outer trim rings, bar through the center of all the lights, and the flat platform area across the entire bottom. Brand new paint, hood trim, and bumpers ... so the grill looks tired.

Attachments

• Dart 2 wheels_tires 3_2013.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 239
There are enough people on here that are good with photoshop that perhaps one of them could show you what it will look like so you can see whether you like it or not without going through all the hassle of painting your grill. Good luck! I think that it looks good right the way it is!

I would vote leave it alone as well.. I think it looks good... however, the grille on my Dart is blacked out much the way you describe.. so heres a shot of it to compare..

Attachments

• done2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 230
I like the looks of the existing grille too. Maybe freshen up the black that's there.

I would vote leave it alone as well.. I think it looks good... however, the grille on my Dart is blacked out much the way you describe.. so heres a shot of it to compare..
Mine is blacked out as well, I kind of like it....

I'm favoring what the blue car is wearing.

Mine is blacked out as well, I kind of like it....

I'm favoring what the blue car is wearing.

In my case I thought the blacked out grille gave my Dart some attitude, but I also think it has a lot to do with the color of the car.. I like the way the grille looks on his car.. I am not a fan of the black wheels (at least not with that color... again.. color seems to make a huge differance) but at least he can see what the blacked out grille will look like :thumleft:

Heres a better, more head on view...

Attachments

• mnats5.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 186
Yeah maybe I'll polish it up first and think about it. Any reccomendations on product to use to polish out the aging and scratches?

Hopefully on the street in a couple of weeks for the first time in over 10 years! Driveshaft coming in from Denny's and mechanically I'm there.

Chastee, I like the scheme of your car as it is. The grill helps to draw attention to the body of the car. I think if you went with a blacked out grille, it would draw attention to itself because it would be darker than the paint.Speedracer's grille fits his scheme since it flows with the black vinyl top and hood.Just my 2 cents.

Chastee, I like the scheme of your car as it is. The grill helps to draw attention to the body of the car. I think if you went with a blacked out grille, it would draw attention to itself because it would be darker than the paint.Speedracer's grille fits his scheme since it flows with the black vinyl top and hood.Just my 2 cents.

Thats exactly why my grille ended up blacked out.. your spot on there my friend.. It just fit the theme and colors of my car.. and in my case gave it more attitude... but I have seen 69 Grilles blacked out on other cars and didnt like it as much.. I really believe it all depends on color and theme.. me, as I said, I like the way his grille looks now.. I wouldnt change it.. thats my .02 lol

I'll get it on the road in different light conditions and get some video and more still shots. Then there will be more information on the theme of the car and what works vs what doesn't.

I'll get it on the road in different light conditions and get some video and more still shots. Then there will be more information on the theme of the car and what works vs what doesn't.

I look forward to it

Personally i prefer blacked out grille's, they give the car a cleaner look compared to a gray/chrome grille

I do want to point out though (and Im sure you already know this) but regardless of what any of us think, in the end, its your car.. whatever you think looks good to you, gets a smile out of you, or feels right to you is the choice you should always go with.. I am sure there are people out there that hate the theme of my Dart.. or dislike certian things I did.. (like the dual snorkel hood scoop) but its what I like..

-
Back