Picked up 440 today

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
Just picked a my 440 today. looks like a 74 (crap cast crank) T4 440-E but its complete and runner so thats good for the mock up, is missing distibutor will have to get one of them. anybody need A/C and brackets i will not need them. good 727 tranny as well. I will be on here asking a lot of questions guys so please bear with me i am sure you have said it all before.

Maybe later i would like to use it for the mock up and maybe go 4 speed later on. sorry. i do have a small block 727 that i don't need but that will not help you unless you have a big block core and then i don't know what shape its in came with the car.

looks like i will have to do some work on this engine before i install it. I removed the valve covers this morning and found a bent push rod on # 2 cly this motor was supose to run like it is. oh well. :bootysha:

i didn't mean that cast cranks was crap i was just hoping for a steel one. This engine was in Kentucy found in on craigslist and a guy i am working around right now lives real close to this guy that had it listed and told me he would pick it up and bring it back to south carolina for me so i never got to see it before i bought it. the guy had a 20 x 30 building full of engines (no Hemis) and you had to walk on top of them it was so full from what i hear.

I can find all kinds of 413s around here but have not had any luck finding a 440 that was with in my budget.

-
Back