Picked up a Weiand Stealth 8022 intake

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Picked up a slightly used weiand Stealth 8022 intake off evilbay for sonny's 318 we plan on doing a mild build on. I like the fact that its similar to the old Edelbrock LD4B, and it has 318 sized ports. We are planning on picking up some 302 heads, an edelbrock 600, 340 exhaust manifolds and such as well. I am planning on making a coil mount bracket similar to the old 340 six pack coil mount. Any othe good suggestions with this intake.

Stealth was the **** before the Air-gap. Nice intake. Rare 318 port size for a performance based intake.

I wanted to go with this as a slight upgrade over stock. I have a summit cam # SUM-1789 to go with it. Will need heavier valve springs.

I have one. Hood clearance can become an issue as is hooking up the throttle linkage (not sure on kick down, I don't have an auto) as its taller than stock. Consider a drop base air cleaner.

Which car do you have it on with hood clearance issues. We were planning on installing this on a 69 barracuda with a stock 69 340 low restriction air cleaner. Throttle linkage wont be a problem, neither will be a kickdown. Car will have a 42RH and the stock dodge kickdown cable reused.

"Any other good suggestions for the intake?"

Yeah. Bolt it on.

That’s an interesting comment about potential hood space issues. I’ve got a later A body (‘75) and was initially concerned about hood clearance when I did my 4bbl upgrade. With a LD4B intake, Edelbrock 9266 heat insulator, 1406 carb and ‘73 340 air cleaner, there is 1 1/4” of clearance from the top of the air cleaner to the bottom side of the hood.

Last edited:
-
Back