Picked up another one - 73 Scamp

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me about this car, as his neighbor wanted to get rid of it. It's a 1973 Scamp, 318 auto. It's got front discs, and some decent interior parts. It's green with a green vinyl roof, and a green bench interior. It'll be used for parts, as it's very rusty. The only sheet metal that looked like it survived was the doors (somehow). Just some crappy cell pics, but I'll take better pics later.

You guys have very hardy vegetation out in BC! How'd the 78 in the background look?

You guys have very hardy vegetation out in BC! How'd the 78 in the background look?

Apparently there are 15 other cars down there, including a 1970 Rambler.

The truck looked great! Lol, it's what we arrived in. It's actually a 74 with a different grille. It's a military issued W200.

...'70 Rambler Rebel? I know somebody that could use the disc brake set up and suspension off that.

...'70 Rambler Rebel? I know somebody that could use the disc brake set up and suspension off that.

I'm not sure, he wouldn't let us see it. Apparently the other cars belong to his sisters father in law. They want the cars out, but the old guy refuses even though he hasn't touched them in years. I mentioned that we could take out the old ones, but the guy said they would most likely have a scrapper come in to crush them. I made sure to mention a few times that we would be happy to take them instead, so they don't get crushed.

Wow! Love the moss shag "carpet" on the car! Parts cars are a lot of fun! Great find! Keep on 'em to not crush the others - even if they are parts cars, it's much better to recycle the parts and breathe life into other projects than crush them and let those parts go to waste.

Apparently there are 15 other cars down there, including a 1970 Rambler.

The truck looked great! Lol, it's what we arrived in. It's actually a 74 with a different grille. It's a military issued W200.

Truck looks good from what I can see. ;) That parts car reminds me of my ex gf's 72 Scamp. I had alot of fun with that car.

If you look closely at the rear bumper, you can see where someone installed a trailer hookup. First time I've seen someone do that.

I'm also from BC Canada ( Vancouver ) and almost everything has " moss " on or in it cuz it rains for 7 or more months a year LOL

If it has the center arm rest, and all the mounting hardware I could use that, and those rear marker assemblies. And lets not forget the headrest:D

Thanks Tom.

Joe, Keith and I picked the car up today. It wasn't much fun to load since the rear brakes are locked up. It took a bit of effing around to get it on the trailer.
Unloading, we used the scoop (354 Hemi powered), and pulled it off the trailer. It snagged at the front, and rolled onto its side off the trailer. Amazingly didn't break any glass, just some dents.
After finally parking it out back, I looked it over.

3 speed wipers.. Score!
All kinds of brackets from the 318 for my 360 in the Cuda.
Rear defog
4 SBP steel rims in the trunk
BBP discs
BBP 7 1/4 axles for my Valiant
Tail lights (spares) for my Dart
Remote mirror
Day/night mirror
Electronic ignition
V8 parts

-
Back