Picked up the Barracuda! Love my first early-A :)

-
FYI that wasen't me asking the questions about the engine . . .From what I understand it is a 1974 360 block and heads with the factory 273 intake/carb and valve covers. The exhaust manifolds are stock 360, just been sandblasted and repainted. It has a very very nice sounding 2 1/2 duel exhaust set up on it now. Its that perfect middle point between too quiet and too loud; doesn't make your ears ring while cruising but when you stomp on it, you can tell its gotta V8!

Will post some pics tomorrow of my "radio mod" . . .basically got a so-so original AM radio from e-bay and went nuts gutting it. I'm using the factory housing (a bit modified though) to fit an alpine CD player deep into the dash and using the extra face with knobs, dials and buttons to make a "fake" radio face that looks bone stock. I'll rig something up with velcro or whatever to mount it when its parked. It'll be a good hidden sound system that will look stock at the car shows :) Just gotta figure out exactly what to do for speakers now in the back without looking too silly / modified. Hmmm

Oh and I'm sick of this choke situation, and I think its running a bit rich. I'm thinking about pulling the factory carter AFB off and get a brand new edelbrock (yes I know they're almost the same!) but something 600cfm with a built in electric choke that I can fine tune perfect. Maaaaaybe 86 the points and go electronic distributor too, we shall see. But, I'm having a blast already! In one week I've logged 200+ miles! at about 10mpg lol

My sister used have a 66 cuda back in the early 80's.....I used to love laying in the back at night to look at the stars while we were going down the road. You know back when I was knee high to a grass hopper.

Sweet car by the way.

-
Back