Picking this up tomorrow

-
Much respect to Grandparents and good friends!!
Great story Iron!!!
Bulletproof engines.
Friend of mine calls them the “leaning tower of reliability!
Pulled the 225 from his 67 dart and replaced with a 440.
Wish I kept the 225, that thing would do a one wheel peel on command!
Same with the 225 from my 71 demon,
Young and foolish to get rid of those 6’s!
boosted is wise to keep the 6.

Thank
Much respect to Grandparents and good friends!!
Great story Iron!!!
Bulletproof engines.
Friend of mine calls them the “leaning tower of reliability!
Pulled the 225 from his 67 dart and replaced with a 440.
Wish I kept the 225, that thing would do a one wheel peel on command!
Same with the 225 from my 71 demon,
Young and foolish to get rid of those 6’s!
boosted is wise to keep the 6.
THANK YOU QUINN! Much Love and Respect to You and Yours Also! We must be half related somewhere I had a 71 demon that came factory with a slant six also! My buddy gave it to me for 300 bucks, but he jacked the emblems, and the door panels out of Her, to sell for a profit on the internet....

I don't know what it was back in the day but I used to get them running driving Mopars for about 300 bucks man in fact my 63 Dart was 300 bucks, a running driving four-door Coronet 300 bucks 318 car, 71 /6 Demon 300 bucks... there was a few other ones too I can't think of off the top of my head but those stick in my mind most

In 1978 I bought a 72 Challenger Rallye 340 for $300 ! Car looked great but the trunk floor was completely rusted out.
Good luck with your project !

Oooh the “good old days”
In a perfect world we would still have all those amazing cars we got for cheap.
Seems I paid $500 for all my old mopars.
78 ramcharger 360
66 sport fury poly
72 valiant 4 dr 318
76 swinger super 6.
The Demon was $950 but I drove it on the trailer. The owner was a tough nut to crack.
Only to go back in time huh!?
Also could have bought a Ee1 blue 67 barracuda fb
273 for $500 cause the owner pulled the motor and lost interest Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgg,I had the money but no place to tow it to!
We were lucky to have the opportunity for those deals in the 70’s-80’s-90’s.
On a happy note, alot of the people working on mopars that I deal with are “kids” who show much interest but they struggle with the cost now a days.
I throw a little something in for free just to help them out.
They are doing their homework though, nice to see. Reminds me of when I was a teen and reading mopar magazines to study as much I could!… unfortunately no FABO then OR WWW.

I gave $1000 for the old girl. I am not going to hide the price as we all know it does not matter what you paid... I am a member of the SOA and fly the battle flag with pride.. My Jeep J10 pickup has the battle flag tag along with a gun rack in the slider....

I may change the rear-end out one day but only if I can get a small bolt pattern 8 3/4 as I am not giving up these wheels... Maybe a 4v intake a turbo and electronic ignition is in the future..

I’d do it but I’d keep the hood down at the shows.
Run the living piss out of it! Ya know, put it to the test!
Put 350 badges on the front to mess with people!
If I was 16 that is.
Twice my 71 Scamp has been mistaken for a Nova!
Hickory would have been handy then.

I’d do it but I’d keep the hood down at the shows.
Run the living piss out of it! Ya know, put it to the test!
Put 350 badges on the front to mess with people!
If I was 16 that is.
Twice my 71 Scamp has been mistaken for a Nova!
Hickory would have been handy then.
I live next door to a bowtie guy. He had a buddy over last night and told him he should walk over next door and check out my Nova. I had fun with that!

I gave $1000 for the old girl. I am not going to hide the price as we all know it does not matter what you paid... I am a member of the SOA and fly the battle flag with pride.. My Jeep J10 pickup has the battle flag tag along with a gun rack in the slider....

I may change the rear-end out one day but only if I can get a small bolt pattern 8 3/4 as I am not giving up these wheels... Maybe a 4v intake a turbo and electronic ignition is in the future..
turbo would be cool!
$1000!!??!
NICE!
Still liking your plan.

Very cool !!!!
Prices for a bodies in the states seem much more reasonable than here in the Canader.
A bud bought a 67 dart sedan slant running for 6G’s 20 years ago!
Getin hard to find without rust!
Congratulations!
You people in Ontario got more salt than we used to on the prairies. Now they hose the roads with that calcium chloride crap, may as well put battery acid down as it corrodes frames and bodies about the same. 5 year old 3/4 ton work trucks are being written off due to corroded frames.
The older vehicles that have been parked since before they got stoopid with ice control are not so bad.

My friends in Pennsylvania says pickup beds have about 2 year life span.
The rest of the truck about 4 years. Honda just recalled 5 million cars for suspension corrosion from that stuff.

Yeah my volare was always mistaken for a damn Nova

-
Back