Picking up a 71 Satellite Wagon.....

-

440swinger-kid

Reaction score
So I sold my Dart about 2 months ago and now may pick up a wagon.....:cheers:

Its a 71 Satellite Wagon Gold and woodgraine with black interior... fairly solid with full mandrel 3" duals and supercomp headers.... (was 383 with 8 3/4)

Okay so I know a guy that had this wagon with a mild 383 running 13.60 1/4 mile and the car disappeared. Well I found the car and can buy it cheap but the drive line is missing as well as the rearend so my question is will a 8 3/4 out of a 69 RR bolt in? I wasnt sure if they are the same width? Or are all B body cars the same width in the rear?

Oh and as soon as I can pick it up I will post a few pics....lol

Wagons are awesome. I just picked up a 72 Coronet wagon not to long ago off of eBay. As for your question about the rear. No, it won't work. But it's not to hard to find a 71 and up 8 3/4. I am looking forward to pics. I love those old wagons.

Are Wagons wider? Is the 69 RR 54 flange to flange? What width am I looking for?

Will a E body rear work? I know my uncle has a spare 8 3/4 housing out of a Challenger but has no carrier....

I love your Coronet. My sister had a red '71 wagon back in the late 70s through like 81-82. And at the same time my dad had a yellow '71 Coronet sedan. I miss those cars. I learned to drive in them. I would love a '71 Coronet myself.

Are Wagons wider? Is the 69 RR 54 flange to flange? What width am I looking for?

The '69 rear is 55" flange to flange with leaf center @44" (62-70).
'71 wagon would have been a 59.2" & leaf @47.3"
Another choice would be a 9 1/4 rear from a B or C-Body. These have the same mounting specs as the wagon. Driveline will probably need altering.
As stated above, the E-Body will work too if you can't locate an 8 3/4 or don't care for the 9 1/4.
Hope it works out..........Love the wagons

If i cant find a 8 3/4 i will then do a 9".... dana's cost too much.... I wont touch a 9 1/4 or 8 1/4..... I am planning on running a 440 since it has big block stuff in it.... and well I like big cubes...lol

Sounds cool. I can't wait for pics. I had the chance to get a 71 383 HP wagon that was factory burnt orange, rally mirrors, rally gauges, roof rack, 15" rally's, etc... The car got crushed before I could go back and buy it. The only thing it was missing was the 383. Everything else was there including two of the four rallys. Sad day.

-
Back