PICS NOW OF MINE HELP PLZ need pics of dart column to fix mine or parts or drawing

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
ive been having a issue with my column getting sloppy well i took it apart
i think im missing a spring and some kind of centering bushing i think
that goes on top of the collapse tube just below where the gear selector would go.

if any one has any ideal on where to get these parts or has photos or even a column let me know

car is a 68 dart counsel car not sure what year or what models will cross over

here are the pics

like i said steering wheel was sloppy like pulls towards me and pushes back in so i know im missing some kind of bushing and a clip some where to stop letting it come forward i started at the wheel and worked my way all the down and i cant find that key peace plus i im wondering if that spring goes up by the wheel and not down there.
the repair book does not show a break down just a general pic of a column

first pic
is when i got the wheel and first two column rings or what ever you want to call them off this is what i found what im i missing here????

second pic
this is all the peaces minus the small things like retaining plate for blinker switch and screws and stupid stuff that is not going to make this problem happen

pic three
breake down on what all was there and how it came out

im really lost on this one and my car is finally done and this was my surprise when i got it from the alignment shop
really need some help guys on info part names parts a column what ever
i was told 67 thru 69 dart valiant and barracuda are all the same columns

Attachments

• dart 350.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 174
  • dart 357.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 198
  • dart 354.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 197
Craig, I will look see if I have an extra column...if i do I will do an exploded view so you will know what you are missing...I suspect it is the "top plate" that holds the bearing in place and possibly the spring clip that sits above it.....that lil 3-4 inch area is what allows for smooth turning and stabilizes the column shaft from up & down movement....gimme a day or two to locate it and break it down....If I have the parts you are welcome to them for the poultry sum of ..... how much you got? LOLOLOL

so no one has rebuilt a column before and no one has input or pics besides one guy who i talked to on a daily bases
worlds largest a body forum with no answers maybe i should try b body forum lol

Sorry I've never had to take one apart! But there are links to one of my posts to service manuals! search the Transmission drivetain forum for 904 Transmission instructional stuff

i ave the books they do not have a exploded view of the column

its fixed had to study it awhile and talk to guys
the t nuts or square nuts where not engaged in there proper location and that tightens
the lower dash cone bezel to the upper one witch houses the bearing and c clips to eliminate the movement in column im just glad its handled and would like to smack who ever set it that way when they were wrenching on it

It always amazes me some of the stupid stuff some people do while working on any machine. I had a guy one time ask me to work on a Kawasaki 400 that wouldn't run. They had put new points in it, it ran before. As soon as I hit the starter I said its firing 180 out! I ask him if they had messed with the advance mech ( point cam ) Yes, but we put it back in right, the guy that helped me is an Engineer at Wierton Steel. Then argued with me for 15 minutes that that wasn't the problem. I ask him to go get me a beer from the house. The bike was running when he came back with my Bud Light!

-
Back