pics of a carter carb

-

swedefish

Reaction score
I´m looking for pics of the linkage and rods for both of the throttle shafts on a Carter AFB carb. I got a carb with # 4299S (-67 383) in not that nice of a condition. I´m doing a resto of the carb but believe I miss some of the linkage. I also have to fab a new shaft for the secondarie throttle butterfly´s.
I´ve been searching the web, but haven´t found anything useful.
Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks/ Lenny

Just get another '67 and earlier AFB core that has all the linkage and shaft you need. Those parts should be the same regardless of which engine the carb was made for.

Here is a picture of an NOS 1965 Carter for 273 4 barrel.

001.jpg

Just get another '67 and earlier AFB core that has all the linkage and shaft you need. Those parts should be the same regardless of which engine the carb was made for.
Yes, I´ve been thinking of that too. Thing is they aren´t easy to find over here in Sweden or even at e-bay. I´ll keep my eyes open to see if one will pop up.
Thanks Mark :thumbup:

I have that carb, I can get pics if needed.
This is a replacement 4299 carb that I have pics of on my pc:

!BVBcdT!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BKQZGIB0ww~~_3.jpg

!BVBceyw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-EIEjlLl09!jBKQZGOh0B!~~_3.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

DSC04197.jpg

Thanks Matt :thumbup:
It would be great if you could take a photo of the drivers side of the carb, a close up pic of the linkage?
Many thanks, really appreciate your help.
Lenny

Lenny, If I can find it, I have an similar AFB that is in fair shape that I would sell to you for $10 plus shipping. I think it has all of the linkages you need. plus the shaft may be useable, may have to bush the shaft, but that is easier than fabbing one. I'll look today.

Lenny, If I can find it, I have an similar AFB that is in fair shape that I would sell to you for $10 plus shipping. I think it has all of the linkages you need. plus the shaft may be useable, may have to bush the shaft, but that is easier than fabbing one. I'll look today.
Thanks bamacuda, that would be perfect. :cheers:

-
Back