pics of a Hurst 4 speed console shifter

-

Kim Voss

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for pictures of a Hurst 4 speed console shifter for an A body car. Just want to make sure the shifter I just bought is not a cheap knock off,which I have a very bad feeling it is!!

If you do a search, I think there are some other threads with better pictures.

CIMG2168.jpg

CIMG2169.jpg

....show us a pic??

Kori, I know where you're going with this. It is not a B body console shifter. The first section of the round part is much longer than a B body one, as well the flat plate that comes out of the shifter body is not like a B bodies. The flat plate on a B body's is a 90 degree bend all in the same plane, whereas an A body's is 90 degrees but the horizontal section angles back towards the dash.
What I am most concerned about is whether or not the console shifters were the stab lock style or were they bolted. I am also concerned with how the word Hurst is stamped in it!

Still would like to see a pic Kim....a pic is worth a thousand words.
Sounds to me that Robin has a B body one in his 69 Dart (here) as it sticks up too much and is too close to the steering wheel...

Think it should be a push in clip/lock style...as I'm sure the bolt on type came later.

Hurst lettering?....pretty hard to tell you without Seeing it..
There were two styles of Hurst lettering on original shifters....

does this help?

not a console shifter though.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, the only thing I ask is if you could take a picture of the handle where the name HURST is stamped. It would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks very much!!!

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, the only thing I ask is if you could take a picture of the handle where the name HURST is stamped. It would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks very much!!!

It's not my car. Just a fellow clubmembers car I looked at a couple years ago while they happened to be working on the trans and clutch. I just figured the way is was apart it would make for good reference pictures.

Cool car actually.... 69 Dart GT 318 4spd, console, A/C, convertible.

I will take one for you tomorrow...

If you need a picture of one out of the car, I have one in my stash of 4 speed parts. I just put the clutch and brake pedal in the '68 last night, just in case I want to change from auto to 4 speed. I used to change up when I had the 68 roadrunner whenever I got bored with either one. Auto one day, four speed the next.

-
Back