pics of my car for speedracerx

-

blu340dart

MoBro. Inc.
Reaction score
I dont know how to add pics to my pm's so here's a few of my car. I took it out yesterday and blew out the right side Flowmaster. Guess they only last 10 years:-D

Attachments

• 101_0794.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 101_0795.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 101_0796.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 101_0797.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 293
Why, isn't that the Classic Racing Series Martin, Mich. sportsman winner??? I thought I recognized it from the picture in the Mopar Collectors Guide!!! Nice car there bluman...er, I mean Broman!!! Geof

Wow, blue-times-two....gorgeous ride!

Any interior pics?
Thanks for the compliments, it makes all the hard work pay off!! I bought it out of the local junkyard quite a few years ago for $1200 which I thought was a little high until I started pricing them out and for my $$ got a very solid car. The only thing changed is the passenger side quarter panel which had a very big dent under the window area that I deemed to be to big to repair. All other metal including the floors and trunk are original! It was a 273 car but now it has a 72 steel crank 340 with a 727 manual valve body trans, still column shifted. I switched the front drums out for a later style disc brake system and the rear end is an 8 3/4 with 3.73 gears and 11" drum brakes. It has the original to the car radiator. The motor has a purple shaft 284/484 cam,air gap manifold,750 holley.TTI headers and gets fresh air from a custom made air cleaner setup sealed to the hood. The interior was a bench seat, changed to later Duster style high back bucket seats. Every thing on it is mostly stock style Mopar stuff and every thing like the heater, radio, and wipers all work. I race it in the Chrysler Classic series and it has gone the best of 12.59 and never have I un-hooked the exhaust to race! For saftey I have a driveshaft loop,frame connectors and trans blanket, maybe overkill for a street car but I like to have a bit of security. I try to drive it as much as time will allow and its a blast to just take off from a light and hit the go pedal just a bit too hard and burn some rubber:-D I dont have any interior pics but I will try to get some and maybe a motor shot. Oh yea the original color was B5 and I took 1 of the side marker light frames to the paint shop and they scanned it and matched the paint. The interior was B7 but now its more B5. It still has the fender tag but the build sheet is gone. The first time I saw the car the sheet was in it and I thought about taking it but thought "no someone will buy this car some day and want the sheet" Now Im bummed since I probably will never retrieve it.

Nice Dart!
I'm currently in build-mode on my '69. I'd like to see more interior and engine pics, specifically the sealed scoop system as I'm planning on the six-pack style scoop as well for mine.
Just one question - why the '68 tail lights when everything else (grille, sidemarkers) are '69? Not criticizing - just curious.

Nice Dart!
I'm currently in build-mode on my '69. I'd like to see more interior and engine pics, specifically the sealed scoop system as I'm planning on the six-pack style scoop as well for mine.
Just one question - why the '68 tail lights when everything else (grille, sidemarkers) are '69? Not criticizing - just curious.
Hi OC, Im not bothered by the taillight questions, heres the reason:-D When I bought the car I got 2 sets of 69 taillights with it but the bezels were horrible. There was also a 68 4 door there and I got the taillights from that car also. I had searched high and low for a decent set of 69's but they just werent out there so I did the 68's and honestly I like they way they look with the trim better than the 69's would. If you are looking for 69 taillight stuff you have to remember to get the red half moon piece that goes inside that seperates the reverse light from the rest!

Hi OC, Im not bothered by the taillight questions, heres the reason:-D When I bought the car I got 2 sets of 69 taillights with it but the bezels were horrible. There was also a 68 4 door there and I got the taillights from that car also. I had searched high and low for a decent set of 69's but they just werent out there so I did the 68's and honestly I like they way they look with the trim better than the 69's would. If you are looking for 69 taillight stuff you have to remember to get the red half moon piece that goes inside that seperates the reverse light from the rest!

Ignorant here, what is used on the 68 taillight assy. to seperate back-up from the tail/stop light bulb. I guess I'm only farmiliar with the 69's and the 1/2 moon divider.

Ignorant here, what is used on the 68 taillight assy. to seperate back-up from the tail/stop light bulb. I guess I'm only farmiliar with the 69's and the 1/2 moon divider.
If you look at the 68 lights the reverse goes across and has its own channel(metal) that seperates it from the rest of the housing,as where the 69 lights the whole inside of the housing is open and thats why you need the half moon piece to seperate the light from the reverse. In my opinion the 69 lights would look best if you had the GT style trunk panel which covers the whole back of the trunk.

In my opinion the 69 lights would look best if you had the GT style trunk panel which covers the whole back of the trunk.

I suppose you might be right, as the Dodge panel on your trunk accents/flows with the reverse light in a way on the 68 lights.

-
Back