Pics of Painted 318

-

Abodymachine

Reaction score
Welp we've got the 318 all painted up chrysler blue to go in the 72 dart swinger that we landed last week. She is a beautiful little driver. Think chrysler blue was a good color for the motor? Its going in tomorrow afternoon and will have pics up asap. Wish me luck!

The motor is stock with an edelbrock performer intake.. thats about it. She should cruise just nice with the posi 3.23 8 3/4.

08-02-10 007.jpg

08-02-10 008.jpg

7-12-10 006.jpg

7-12-10 008.jpg

Looks good! Love the front end and that 318 should make some good reliable power. you gonna put headers on or keep manifolds for now? you should get a video of it when you get it driving again.

The manifolds are going to stay on because we don't feel like messing with headers.. moving them around, wiggling.. she is just going to cruise.

And you bet i will have a video up of her running.. maybe even a little burnout! haha

I would shake the heat covers on the maniflods,and paint the manifolds with some Eastwood cast heat paint.

Looking good though,keep up the good work !!!!!!

Looks GREAT! I LOVE that chrysler blue. Nice little car, too. it's gonna be such fun on the street.

yea i like mopar red also but we decided to go with chrysler blue because it is different looking.. i think the blue will jump out of the engine bay especially with the dart painted white.

The heat shields on the manifolds are also going to be disappearing also.

yea i like mopar red also but we decided to go with chrysler blue because it is different looking.. i think the blue will jump out of the engine bay especially with the dart painted white.

The heat shields on the manifolds are also going to be disappearing also.

I wouldn't do that. I would clean them up...maybe paint um with some high temp black paint and run them. they are great protection for the spark plug wires. Would be some nice lookin details, too.

-
Back