Pics of Painted Dart

-

Abodymachine

Reaction score
Well fellas the paint is now curing on the 72 dart swinger just painted vitamin C orange. I think it is going to come out good. My body man and painter will have the deck lid painted tomorrow and the hood and tail stripe painted on friday. Its his first mopar he has ever done and by the looks of it, it wont be his last because he has more of our cars coming his way for sure. Here are some pics from today after a fresh paint job. Let me know what you think.

72 dart swinger (white)
72 dart swinger (orange)
73 duster (gold)
71 demon (green)
75 scamp (blue)

thanks for the comments, it was between vitamin c and plumb crazy. Vitamin C won out obviously but we decided the next mopar we get will be painted plumb crazy. I will post pics when we get the car back to the house after the tail stripe gets painted on.

That looks great! I nearly painted mine orange, but I decided that one orange vehicle was enough ;)

Large_Rick_sml.jpg

hopefully it will look awesome when we pick it up tomorrow. We have to give him the dimensions to paint the tail stripe.

haha yea hopefully will have it ready for holloween.. will have black hood, black steel wheels, and black tail stripe to break up the black

I would get an actual stripe NOT paint it on. OR have someone take some measurements
of one installed. If you ever park next to someone with a factory stripe installed the painted ones stand out and don't look right UNLESS it's done to the exact size. IMHO.

Go-Mango is growing on me Swingers really look great in that color. Looks REALLY nice!

thanks for the advice.. we already have a 72 dart with a tail stripe painted on correctly so he got the demensions off of it and is going to use that as a template.

Go mango was a thought when we were picking colors but it got cut right at the end

-
Back