pics of those redone front end parts

-

newby

Reaction score
Anybody have pics of there front end pieces redone? Just in the process of teardown and was thinking of repainting in something other than black. Some of the new tubular components come in a hammer grey/silver finish?
Any thoughts? Satin black always works.:glasses7:

Anybody have pics of there front end pieces redone? Just in the process of teardown and was thinking of repainting in something other than black. Some of the new tubular components come in a hammer grey/silver finish?
Any thoughts? Satin black always works.:glasses7:
Here are mine, Sorry but they are black.

Attachments

• 1102131918.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 446
I had Leanna powder coat a set of LCAs in Alien Silver. They look fantastic. Unfortunately, no pictures on the computer.

Mine are powder coated

Attachments

• 2013121595122219-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 20140204_155938.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 422
ran out of black

025s.jpg

I used some black and castiron-gray paint for detailing on another car of mine;
Topped it off with satin clearcoat. All spraybombed.

AUT19701.jpg

AUT20370.jpg

We do ours in light grey. Don't have any pictures on the home computer, sorry.

I did not want all black , so did a lot of experimenting with spray bombs to end up with this. Sand blasted and primed everything. Many of the pieces are combinations of more than one color. Mostly Rustoleum. Blacks are either regular gloss black or 'Hammered'. strut rods and sway are Hammered charcoal metallic. For all the tie rods, ball joints, idler, pitman, I used Plasticoat 'cast'. The LCAs are 'Hammered' - I think I started with silver and then misted with gold. (uppers are black) Most of the colored parts were finished off with a coat of clear engine enamel.

IMG_0409b.jpg

I like the silver look. I did mine all black, but if I were to do it again they'd be sliver. Weren't they bare metal from the factory?
The hammered finish paint seems to be pretty hard stuff in comparison to standard rattle can paint. I've also used black epoxy appliance paint. Hard stuff once it dries, but takes a long time.

Usually do my K members in chassis coat black and the rest in gloss black but decided to try some thing different on the Duster (pic 2), chassis coat black and dark silver. I know, what a risk taker!

Attachments

• Cuda 6.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 267
Great pictures guys. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking if you are going to all that trouble why not try something a little different. Have to admit I do like the black/silver combination. Seeing the cast color show up on a lot of cars at the shows now as well.

Here are some from my Challenger.

The K-member is powder coated. The steering box is painted with Eastwood Extreme Chassis black. LCA's are bare metal and sprayed with Krylon Battery Protectant spray for the yellow/gold look...then they were RPM'd to prevent rust. The rest of the parts are all bare metal. Some were darkened with black oxide solution before RPMing.

-
Back