Picture of front windshield trim

-

Andre68

Reaction score
I have a 68 dodge dart sedan. I'm trying to put the front windshield trim back on but it doesn't seem to be fitting the best. The trim was not on the car when I bought it, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I was wondering if anyone can maybe post a pic of there front windshield trim?

Thanks

This is not my dart, but took this at the Mopar event at Bristol to help when I go to put my trim on!

Attachments

• DSCN2887cartrim.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 160
Then I have this one also of a 71 dart from a car show!

Attachments

• DSCN2703cattrim2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 159
If you are installing the pieces in the correct positions where they belong and they don't fit good chance they are from a different model. A 2 door sedan & 4 door sedan take different upper and side windshield trim than a 2 door hardtop does but the bottom is the same

I have a 68 dodge dart sedan. I'm trying to put the front windshield trim back on but it doesn't seem to be fitting the best. The trim was not on the car when I bought it, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I was wondering if anyone can maybe post a pic of there front windshield trim?

Thanks

Here's a picture of my front windshield trim. It seems as there is a gap up top. I don't know why. I feel I'm missing something, or this trim is simply not it. As stated before 68 dart sedan.

This is the only issue with the trim, the bottom covers, the top covers but the side trim seems to fall short.

Don't see a pic but as i mentioned previously a 2 door sedan 21 model & 4 door sedan 41 model take different upper and side windshield trim than a 2 door hardtop 23 model does and also carry a different Chrysler part number but the bottom windshield trim is the same for 21, 41, or 23 model that is why it fits. What model is your car? It would be the 3rd and 4th number of your vin#

Here's a picture of my front windshield trim. It seems as there is a gap up top. I don't know why. I feel I'm missing something, or this trim is simply not it. As stated before 68 dart sedan.

This is the only issue with the trim, the bottom covers, the top covers but the side trim seems to fall short.

I would have to check the vin. I know it's a 2 door sedan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 118
your a-pillars are from a 23 series (2-dr HT) and are shorter. you need the 4-door or 2-dr post a-pillar trim. That will fix the top gap in your trim.

Difference in A-pillar sticks is exactly 1 and a half inches. I think you could find someone willing to trade longer for shorter. In fact I may be that someone. I'll have to check though.

I can see by the pics your cars vin should have a 21 which is the 2 door post model and your trim that don't fit on the windshield A-pillar is from a 23 model Dart or Barracuda 2 door hardtop.
I would have to check the vin. I know it's a 2 door sedan.

Nope , don't have them. Sorry.
Good luck bump

See my profile pics, I did the 67 barracuda conversion to stainless. I have pics on my profile of trim in.

-
Back