Picture of my Duster from Norwalk

-
What kinda of rpm are you crossing at ?

I honestly don’t know as every track I race at now runs my class 1/8 mile. I was about ready to change our the 4:88 gears when this happened so I’m glad I held off. Even at 138mph it felt like the car was out of steam around 1000 foot. Probably a combination of only having an 850 carb and a solid lifter cam.

Cool photo, I wish I could have bought your green Duster race car.

Thanks.
Ya I think that would have been a fun car. I sold the Mega block and 440source rotating assembly too. I should see the car making passes this year as it went to Ohio.

You deserve the recognition John.
Hope your health is good keep on keepin on!
Thank you for all the advice on here over the years.
We all appreciate the “budget” mind set.
These darn things aren’t cheap.

You deserve the recognition John.
Hope your health is good keep on keepin on!
Thank you for all the advice on here over the years.
We all appreciate the “budget” mind set.
These darn things aren’t cheap.

No they aren’t but sometimes we try to hard and spend to much to go fast before the budget allows us to do so and it ends up ruining the fun. I had a blast years ago running low 12’s. Nothing ever broke and we beat the piss out of our cars. Sure now I want to go faster but the budget and my collection of parts allows me to do so. The bottom line is keep it fun.

True pbr. I thought I knew a lot before I joined this site. And found out I didn't know crap. This is a great site with tons of info. Thanks everyone.
"The more you think you know makes you realize how little you know"

"The more you think you know makes you realize how little you know"

It’s scary on Facebook when someone asks a question about a problem or asks a question about what to buy. Talking about some off the wall comments. On here guys will suggest something then others will join in the whys and why not to do something. By time the discussion is over everything has been dissected.

-
Back