Picture of your hood

-

BP Barracuda

Reaction score
I have a 67 barracuda and building a new motor and need some hood clearance
I'm trying to decide what fiberglass hood to put on my car either Hemi, cowl, 6 pack I'd like to see what you're sporting.

73 Dart
70 Mach 1 scoop

IMG_5459.jpeg

IMG_4964.png

Mopar pro stock scoop on my Demon and a Mazda wedge scoop on Dads Barracuda.

20221120_224650.jpg

20220701_121800.jpg

I was thinking fiberglass hood and scoop at one time also. Decided to stay with steel and just cut a hole in it.

View attachment 1716254108

View attachment 1716254110

View attachment 1716254111

View attachment 1716254112

"I was thinking fiberglass hood and scoop at one time also. Decided to stay with steel and just cut a hole in it."
I like it
I always wondered how that works and looks with the engine offset, especially on our cars with the hood inserts so close to the center. Flipping the carbs around makes sense for linkage clearance. Curious, how does it look with the scoop on from a straight-on photo in front of the car?
Nice fish!

Obviously, what looks good is in the eyes of the beholder. Only one of the above appeals to me, #13, but looks to have the car to back it up. So, you are the beholder, do what you like.

I like it
I always wondered how that works and looks with the engine offset, especially on our cars with the hood inserts so close to the center. Flipping the carbs around makes sense for linkage clearance. Curious, how does it look with the scoop on from a straight-on photo in front of the car?
Nice fish!
The first tunnel ram I had the carbs sat sideways. It would have required the right side insert to be partially cut or at least that area. So, I ran without a hood for a while.
This intake allowed me to change the carb placement so I went with it.
The offset is noticeable but, that’s how these cars are built. I do have to remove the scoop to open the hood and that’s a slight pain. I am working on some quick disconnect fasteners for it so it will be easier to remove.
I ran some velocity stacks for a while and they were easy to remove/install but I like the look of the scoop more.

IMG_0628.png

IMG_0627.png

IMG_7337.png

Last edited:
I have a 67 barracuda and building a new motor and need some hood clearance
I'm trying to decide what fiberglass hood to put on my car either Hemi, cowl, 6 pack I'd like to see what you're sporting.

'69 Barracuda. Steel hood, fiberglass scoop done by previous owner. 340 sixpack engine (air cleaner does not clear the hood). I would prefer the sixpack scoop though.

car 2.jpg

Hood.jpg

This is what was on my 69 Dart when I brought it home. I think it's from a Torino or something similar Ford-based? I did remove it as it was non-functional just bolted to the uncut hood. Oddly, it's not all that repulsive.

DSCN0057.JPG

I have a 67 fastback. If i were to put one on, it would be a hemi hood. The tall one. I think it offsets the big booty i percieve them to have when looking at them (fastback) from the side (90*, perpendicular).

If i had a notch......prolly 6 pk.

Which do you have? Notch or fastback?

-
Back