picture or diagram of a small block power steering pump set up

-

HemiEd

Reaction score
I am putting PS back on my Barracuda.

I am looking of a picture, or sketch of the pump mounted on the motor, and can not find one in the service manual.

Does anyone have a close up of theirs, or a picture you could post for me?

Thanks in advance!

Nobody has a picture of their PS pump mounted on their engine? Please?

The first 2 are of the pwr steeering on my daughters 273 66 cua, and the second 2 are from my 73 340 duster.

Attachments

• Pic01.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,290
  • Pic02.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 492
  • Pic03.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 514
  • Pic04.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 516
You're most welcome! I started taking pics of everything I disassemble, for that same reason. Sometimes, without pics, it is not so obvious how it all goes back together, so i feel you pain.

If you need more, I can send you some this weekend.

Oh, and FWIW, don;t forget to put sealant on the long bolt that passes through the water pump, since it penetrates the coolant jacket, and may leak otherwise.

You're most welcome! I started taking pics of everything I disassemble, for that same reason. Sometimes, without pics, it is not so obvious how it all goes back together, so i feel you pain.

If you need more, I can send you some this weekend.

Oh, and FWIW, don;t forget to put sealant on the long bolt that passes through the water pump, since it penetrates the coolant jacket, and may leak otherwise.

I think I get it now, just need a dual water pump pulley, and I will be all set. I bought seal kits for the pump and sector from Steer and Gear, so it should be a nice setup.
Thanks for the heads up on the sealant, I learned the water pump bolt lesson a long time ago, the hard way. :D

Have you ever left the long timing cover passenger side bolt out, below the water pump, overlooking it? When I went back to small blocks a few years ago, I did that. Wow, can coolant run out of there fast!](*,)

Your motor looks great!

-
Back