Pictures of 17" Bullet Wheels on an A-body?

-
Whats needed to bolt these on an a body with stock big bolt pattern discs ?

Also what size and backspacing and tire size are correct for stock suspensions ?

Whats needed to bolt these on an a body with stock big bolt pattern discs ?

Also what size and backspacing and tire size are correct for stock suspensions ?

they come in 17 x 8 with a 5.72 back space.. i think you may need a spacer up font so the rim doesn't hit the ball joint... the rear will fit with a 225/50-17 and just clear the springs....

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

if you goto www.americanmuscle.com they have a huge selection of mustang wheels.. they are knock offs but they have good prices.. the black ford wheels were $169. i paid $129 for the black ones from american muscle.. plus on the fords the senter register on the ford wheels need to be hogged out some to fit over the axle and rotor hub. the american muscles have a center register that is slighgtly larger so it needs no work to fit over the rear axle. probably still have to cut down the rotor hub too but i think a space will take car of that clearance for ta.

are they ford or a knockoff.. the ad never says that they are actual ford wheels.. $89 shipping..

whats the backspace on those?? the wheels that have 5.72 backspace say they are for 94-04 mustang.. those say 94 - 06.. the o5 and 06 i thought were different...

the ebay ones are still cheaper.. the american muscles are $124 each with free shipping.

Im going to email them and find out back spacing. The 05-07s are all most 7" backspacing. I have one here now from my friends GT. I think we all know they wont fit though, LOL

Not bullets, but close with the torque thrusts. Fronts are 16x7 and rear are 17x7 with 245/45/17's

I saved my money a long time to afford those wheels, but the other hard part is spending $150 a piece for 245/45/17's in Firestone wide ovals that are Z rated, and 225/55/16's of the same nature, but let me tell you something. Nothing will make these cars handle instantly better than this change over.

These are 17x9,1996 cobra mustang rims,with 245/45/17 tires all around.I did notice from these there is a difference in width of tires between brands,or i should say sidewall buldge.2 of the tires are goodyears,the other 2 are are summitomos or some crap,and the side wall bulges out too far.either way,i tried these on the rear of a 73 duster,with 8.25 rear,and they will not go because they hit the leaf springs.it would take a half inch thick spacer of some kind,and longer studs to make them fit.my plan is to put in a b body 8.75 rear out of a 65 belvedere in the dart to move the tires out a little so they dont sit so far under the wheel well.as far as the front goes,theres plenty of clearance every were on my dart,but a duster front fendar has less gap at the rear when turning.

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

I put these on my A-body

• Coy wheels 17” 4.5 backspacing
• BF Goodridge 255 45 17 rear / 225 50 17 front

Are they 17X7s or 17X8s ?

I think Im going to go with the Coy wheels for a few reasons.

I still have small bolt patern in the rear and dont want to change axles and brake yet.

I really dont like the idea of running a spacer on a car I want to handle good.

They come with gray centers :thumbup:

Just wait till the wife find out Im buying rims with my tax return, LOL

lol... the coys are definatley a nice wheel.. think djv went with a 17x7 with a 4 1/4 backspace.. something about them not selling 4 1/2 backspace anymore.. not sure though.

An issue with these Cobra wheels, as well as most other 17" Mustang wheels, is going to be clearance to suspension parts. In tobysoldblue's photos, you can see how close these wheels with 5.72" BS get to the UBJ. This is really only a problem with the "tall" UBJ's. There are flat-top UBJ's that generate plenty of clearance, and you MAY be just fine if you remove the zerk fitting on the tall UBJ and use a plug instead. I swapped the flat top UBJ's in when I rebuilt my suspension to avoid the problem. Using the F/J/M-body spindle for BBP brakes will make this situation worse, as it's about 3/8" taller than the A-body BBP spindle.

Second is the clearance to the outer tie rod end. I think there are variations in the LBJ design from different manufacturers, because a friend of mine with a 68 Valiant and 73+ suspension has interference problems I don't have on my 69 Valiant with 73+ suspension. He has to use a thin space up front to clear the OTRE, where I've got about 1/8" between the OTRE and the wheel lip.

In the rear, I found that a 1" spacer on a stock A-body 8.25" rear was a great fit on my Valiant, using 245/45-17 tires. I then swapped in a 65-67 B-body 8.75" rear because it's the narrowest non-A-body rear you can find easily. It's about 1.25-1.5" wider than the A-body 8.25 rear, but the wheels still fit OK in back on my Valiant. I think it would be a better fit in a Demon/Duster/Cuda than a Valiant/Dart, since they have wider quarters, but it's still fine.

The tires are going to make a lot of difference, too. The 245/45 Kumho MX sticky tires on my Valiant have treads that are only 1/2" narrower than the 275/40 Goodyear Eagle F1-GS (Corvette) tires I tested. Be sure to check the tire specs on tirerack.com to see how wide the tires you want really are.

If the American Muscle wheels have a 73mm hub bore, just order some hub-centric rings for a 2000 Intrepid or a 2005 Charger and they'll fit perfectly on a BBP Mopar hub.

Clair

-
Back