Pictures of My 1970 340 Swinger

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Bought this car in 1973 it had 32000 miles on it when I bought it.
B5 blue white top and white butt stripe. I was 19 at the time and knew I had to have it the minuet I seen it sitting on the lot.
About 2 weeks later I was sitting in a parking lot and a guy in a chevy station wagon pulled and asked if I had just bought it. He was the one who had bought it brand new but decided he needed a family rig now that he was married with a child. He was really wishing he had it back.

It's the car My wife and I went on our honeymoon in to the worlds fair in Spokane Washington in 1974. Always told myself I was going to keep it because someday it would be worth something.
But in 1977 I got a bug up my a** for a four wheel drive and traded it in for $1300. (Kicking self in butt here)
Anyhow just got a scanner and thought I'd post some vintage pictures of the neatest car I ever owned.

scanned%20pictures.jpg

scanned%20pictures%20001.jpg

scanned%20pictures%20002.jpg

scanned%20pictures%20003.jpg

scanned%20pictures%20004.jpg

Never seen the car again after I traded it in, but always wished I could find it!

Stan, The pics are outstanding and great story. I love all the cans under the wedding car.....Must have made alot of noise!! Keep poking around, you may find it here on FABO :smile:.

Coool, I love seeing vintage pics!! Bet them are beer cans under the car. If you have the vin post it on here, you may be able to track it down and make some new memories in it or on it!!LOL

Those pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a really nice car.

Wow, talk about a flashback...
As a 19 year old kid I came across a car that I just couldn't live without. Sold my '63 Valiant and bought it, that was in 1971 and I paid $1495 for it. My wife & I also took our honeymoon in it and several times I "almost" sold it because I needed the money - but I never did. In 2007 my son & I completed a 5 year resto on it and I gave it away, to my son who was 19 at the time.
Told him if he had as much fun as I did, and got as much *** as I did with it, he was in for a good time!
C

Wow, talk about a flashback...
As a 19 year old kid I came across a car that I just couldn't live without. Sold my '63 Valiant and bought it, that was in 1971 and I paid $1495 for it. My wife & I also took our honeymoon in it and several times I "almost" sold it because I needed the money - but I never did. In 2007 my son & I completed a 5 year resto on it and I gave it away, to my son who was 19 at the time.
Told him if he had as much fun as I did, and got as much *** as I did with it, he was in for a good time!
C

Great story! We had a 69 Firebird with a 400 in it at one time. Red with a black vinyl roof and black interior. It started making a funny clanking sound one time. I crawled under it pulled the inspection plate and found that there was only one bolt left holding the torque on.

Nice car and story. Would be cool if you could ever locate it again.

I got my 340 Dart when I was 18 too. My mom and her boyfriend bought it in 1991. They broke up in 98. The car was in moms name and Lyle did not want her to have it and I don't think she wanted it any way. It was down with a blown head gasket at the time. So he made me and her a deal that if I helped him fix it they would give the car to me. We almost had it back together when he was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was more than just my mom's exboy friend. He was my very good friend and mentor. If it was not for him I would most likly be a ford or chevy guy. I still have it and will never sell it. It has way to much sentimental value to me. That and I just love the car. Whats not to like about a 340 4 speed car though.

Cool stories, all. You can't get memories like that from a new "retro-styled" sports-car.

Stan, The pics are outstanding and great story. I love all the cans under the wedding car.....Must have made alot of noise!! Keep poking around, you may find it here on FABO :smile:.

The cans did make a lot of noise, they also filled the dart with balloons. We had a blast throwing them out the window cruising down the freeway.

-
Back