Pictures of roll control and proportioning valve.

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing a Wilwood disc brake kit on my Dart. While I was in there I made a bracket to hold my roll control valve and the proportioning I installed for the back brakes. Let me know what you think of it. Jeff

P2100135.jpg

P2100136.jpg

Is there any danger to using teflon tape on those fittings??? Will brake fluid eat it up and then leave you with little bits of teflon floating around in your line??? Just asking for my own knowledge. Of course I'm assuming that I'm seeing teflon tape on the master.

Rednesss, Brake fluid won't dissolve teflon tape. In hydraulic systems it is recommended that liquid thread sealers be used because of the chance of a piece of tape getting lodged in an orfice. Being a brake system is basically a hydraulic system I would treat it the same way.

Lot's of people have used teflon tape on brake systems with no ill effects, I was one of them until I went to hydraulic design and installation training course. I now do not use telflon tape only because of the training. I don't even use teflon tape on my fuel systems.

Jeff you did a fine job and looks great. Were did you get the green colored steel lines? The parts store I get my steel lines are a silver/zinc color.

Chuck

I purchased the master cylinder from Rock Auto. It is the correct one for disc brakes on this model year. Power disc brakes calls for the same one also. Yea I was a little disappointed that the front brake section wasn't larger.

I was very careful not to get the tape down to the bottom of the fittings. I left the bottom two threads uncovered.

I got the lines from NAPA. They are a coated line and are supposed to be easier to form(bend). They have the silver ones also.

I made the bracket out 10ga. stainless steel plate.

Looks like a nice clean install, but as far as the teflon tape goes, there shouldn't be any brake fluid near there due to the fact it should be sealed at the flare. Except for something like a brake bleeder or the like i assume.

Looks nice!

GTX Sorry I got in a hurry and didn't have a camera with me at the time. I can send you a simple drawing with demensions if that will help. Jeff

-
Back