pilot bushing pilot bearing????

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
so i was thinking about this for some amount time. i'm not to familiar with the 4speed yet and was wondering wat would be better to use for my 410 stroker??? pilot bushing or bearing, i believe i told my machinist to install a pilot bushing? wats the difference?? and wat is better to use probly a little late for this question but thought i would ask before i take my engine off the stand pretty soon. thanks

Now that you mention it, I've seen many bushings outlive the clutches behind them. I've got a bearing in mine, first one I've ever used....hope I don't regret it....
You've got me curious now....way to go :lol:

Just thinking out loud: I've never seen a pilot bushing "fail" in the traditional sense ( wear, yes, fail no ) but I've seen plenty of failed bearings....CRAP, now I have to pull the trans again :angry7:

hate you, hate you :toothy10:

You are not gonna wear the bearing type out unless you are pounding the hell out of the car at the drag strip regularly otherwise it will last a very long time with no issue.

Either one will do just fine.

I had to use a bearing because my crank was not driled for standard so I cut the input shaft down and put in a bearing works good

-
Back