Pinks Englishtown

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Hey anybody see the 70 Duster with the stroker SB win Pinks All Out last night?....very cool to see a SBlock ABody clean house!!:tongue7:

Yes, do a search here, it was a big to do when it happened. Dr.Jay, a member here knows him, brother in law I think it was....I forget.

Wow..your just seeing that he did that feat last July,his name is Emilio and yes he's dr.ojays brother-in-law..the car is killer too,i've seen it at the track a few times..

Large S/B stroker and a 5spd manual trans.

I forget the exact details of the engine. Block is an unknown and stroked to 400+ cubes, but I guess that's the no brainer of that.

Arrington ported W-8's IIRC. Do a search and you'll find it.

I forget the exact details of the engine. Block is an unknown and stroked to 400+ cubes, but I guess that's the no brainer of that.

Arrington ported W-8's IIRC. Do a search and you'll find it.

Sweet man thx.... I was wondering if he was using some W type heads?

Yea he was, IIRC, he purchased them from Arrington who did a full porting for a truck. But...I'm getting wishy washy in the brain and work nights. (AKA...shot out, LOL)

Yea he was, IIRC, he purchased them from Arrington who did a full porting for a truck. But...I'm getting wishy washy in the brain and work nights. (AKA...shot out, LOL)

Yeah I have a R1 block with W9 heads stroked to a 416 just trying to get an idea of the type of pwr I'm lookin at?

Nice, real nice. A decent guess would be a better than average dyno sim. program and honest numbers entered. I have a desk top dyno, but I wouldn't bank on the numbers even being in the ball park. It's a great lil'program best suited for learning and a general guesstimate.

Actual head flow, cam event numbers, comp ratio, etc.... will be needed and will show differently from program to program.

I saw that episode the other night too. Pretty fine car... and very fast too! A local mopar guy here drives a 318 powered mid-80's Daytona and he is in the low 10's!!! It sucks because he won't tell me much about it. I know it's stock sized cc heads and is only 9:1 compression. I'd love to know what he did to that 318 to make it haul butt.

Justin
"CornDog"

I'm a little late to this party. Just fiddling around FABO today and missed this post. Emilio is my Brother in law thanks guys for remembering. It was an awesome race no doubt. His combo is 393 in smallblock assembled back in 1995. Original 340 block to the car since it was a Red 340 h-code Duster that he bought in 1989. The setup has been together now for 15 years. Freshended every other but still a combo that has been together for a long time. I wouldn't call them w-8's but that would be close and they are an Arrington Nascar Truck design. Don't believe all the tricks of the week out there on r blocks, x blocks, siamese these and that. If a build is done by a quality engine builder, and maintained by its owner, it will stand the test of time. Oh, and we got in to Pinks All Out again. This time May of this year at Maple Grove. Can't wait for that since I got in also and will be bringing out the Swinger.
Jason

-
Back