Pioneer stereo wiring

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
Just a shot here. I've installed an older pioneer supertuner cassette in my 67 dart. The unit fit with very minimal filing but the wiring is throwing me. It has green and grey for speakers, a red, yellow and blue (3 separate) for powers. First I couldn't get sound so I wired the grounds to the unit ground. Now I have sound but only one side. As old as this is do I need to wire the grounds separate or at least the speaker grounds not with the unit ground. I would post the model but its in and its a pita to get it back out. Hope this doesn't sound to confusing.

Thank you sir. I got it. Just had to wait for a break in the rain. Speaker grounds are not wired with common. This must be an older model theres no wires for front n back just one set.

Green and grey should be left and right speakers "+"...blue is power antenna"+", red is 12+....not sure of yellow. There should be a black wire, which is common ground for everything. If not, ground the chassis of the unit to the car.

Red is switched power. Blue is remote power to an alternate system like an amplifier.

Red needs to be IGN+
Yellow is on battery constant.
Black is ground

The colors were all standardised on aftermarket head units thanks to the Germans' DIN system.

got it working separate ground for unit and speakers wish there was wiring for the fader its in the unit but no wiring for it. Thanks for all your help

-
Back