pissed at pinks!!!!

-
I laugh at a lot of the brand loyal guys that do nothing but bash the other brands. I used to be closed minded like that, but I appreciate all muscle, no matter the badge on it.

I agree with Mrmopartech run the lights and the dial ins etc. I wouldn't risk a mopar to race in that type of environment, especially with the sandbagging thats going on and the start method :wack: I do however find the car races entertaing without the dramatics though.

During Pinks All Out the quickest car of the sweet 16 finalist was a '65 Plymouth..but he blew a trans line on the burn out of his first match up. No repairs were allowed during All Out. It breaks, you go bye bye.

I only ever watched it during the Thanksgiving weekend marathon. It's a joke, but the "All Out" episode was pretty cool.

I think we're just smart enough to not put our cars up for slips.:wav:

QuarterHorse said:
I laugh at a lot of the brand loyal guys that do nothing but bash the other brands. I used to be closed minded like that, but I appreciate all muscle, no matter the badge on it.

Me too. I love Shelby's cars and I would not mind having an LT1 C3 Corvette. Of course, I have a ton of MOPARS to buy before I get around to that!

I have the 71 Duster, and an 89 Ford Mustang(fox body) LX 5.0, A Ford Exploder, or Explorer rather, and a Chevy Astro with 216,000 miles that doesn't seem to want to die. Honestly though, the pony is a blast to drive. It makes for a good "fun" car until the Duster is done,.. And even after then, when I dont want to get the duster out.

Triggerjay

1966 dart wagon said:
, i wonder if they did a mopar vs mopar episode i would think that would be more accepted for people to run there mopars, considering i have no interest in owning a ford/gm

Great Idea for them... a few mopar vs. mopar episodes.. race for cash ! Show em' what rung what ya brung means !

I agree with the run what you brung method. Mom (yes my mother) use to street race alot in DC and Baltimore back in her day. She watched Pinks with me the first time it came out and ever since we havent watched it except for the All Out episode they had. During the advertising they said "its a rung what you brung race", more like a run your mouth and cry race to me.

The All Out episode wasnt bad but my lands, they give you 1000 dollars to bet with and people was willing to blow there car to out run the other and only betting 200 dollars? Can you say WACKED? Even the street racers (tuners) around my area are so stupid that they will bet as low as 100 dollars on a race. You can lose your license, lose your car, kill yourself, or someone else and your only betting 100 dollars? Bunch of complete idiots that need a slap in the back of the head with the smart stick cause someone is hitting them every morning in the head with the idiot stick.

The bashing on other car brands... mom raced a chevelle and a falcon (had lil ***** on the drivers door and big ***** on the passenger door) and one time a 69 Daytona with the 426 hemi or 440 wedge (doesnt remember) painted desert bronze metallic with a black top and black interior 4 speed. I looked for a Chevelle or a Nova for about 4-5 years before I got my Dart. I love all muscle cars because each has its own lil thing about it that trips your trigger.

I like watching Pinks, but it's mostly for the laugh factor not so much the racing.

Here's my take on it.

Race 1:
Rich: "Hey, why don't you guys run heads up?"
Racer 1: "No, I can't do that, I've got a car that I threw togehter in my garage 20 minutes ago, he's got an all-out race car. Look, he's even got decals on the doors!"
Racer 2: "Buck-buck-buck (chicken noises)"
Crowd: "Heads up! Heads up!"
Racer 1: "Ok, heads up".
Rich: "Cale to the finish line, let's race!"

Both guys are on and off the throttle all the way down the track, racer 1 loses by 2 lengths.

Race 2:
Rich: "Racer 1, do you agree that you got spanked? What do you want for this race?"
Racer 1: "50 lengths"
Racer 2: "Nah, too much. How bout you turn on the bottle this time and we go heads up again?"
Racer 1: "I was on the bottle, all my lame car can do is run like a high 15 even with a 150 shot. Why don't you pull out the bottle and give me 5 lengths?"
Racer 2: "Ok, I'll pull out one of my 3 stages, but you only get 2 lenghts".
Racer 1: "Deal."

Racer 1 again loses by 2 lengths.

Race 3:
Rich: "Dude, you really suck at this. Racer 2, you got one mean-assed machine. We said to bring a 14 second car and you brought out Warren Johnson's old pro stock machine. You're gonna have to give up some lengths".
Nate: "These guy are pretty even, I don't think they're gonna need many lengths".
Racer 1: "Gimme 75 lengths".
Racer 2: "50, and that's it"
Rich: "That sounds like a fair race"
Track Manager: "You gotta fix that tranny leak before you can race again"
Racer 1: "51 lengths"
Racer 2: "50 and a half"
Rich: "Come on, it's half a length. How 'bout you just go heads up?"
Crowd: "Heads Up! Heads Up!"
Racer 1: "50 and a half"
Racer 2: "50 and a quarter"
Rich: "If you guys can't agree, I'm gonna call it and take both of your cars and sell them on eBay!"
Racer 2: "50 and a quarter, and that's it. I'm not giving my car away."
Nate: "50 lengths sounds fair to me!"
Racer 1: "Ok, deal".

Racer 1 goes out and slips in his own tranny fluid, nearly hits the wall while Racer 2 launches off the trans brake, pulls a monster wheel stand and runs a mid 7 at almost 200 MPH.

Cale: "Rich, Racer 1 lost by about half a mile. What was that guy thinking bringing the piece of junk out here?"

Music: "Walk Away... From me... My Love..."

Me: "Click"

laughing at all these comments,,, love the punks suggestion,,,,and the taking the wheel off and 15 lengths,,,

put that beautiful procharged lime dart on??? you nuts man???
i also wouldnt wanna own a ford or GM for any length of time,,,

but that shows is so popular i read that espn is dreaming upa drag race show now,,,that the winner can come back for the next race,,,

Sublime69 said:
my buddy was on a couple episoeds of pinks. I was actually at the one with the two brothers, one with the blue 60's firebird and one with the orange newer camaro. They also filmed the one with the two fox body mustangs and the girl drove the one. it was filed in St. Louis and i had a kick *** time there. I was actually on the track in the filming of the show. I was thinking about trying to get my car on the show but thats if the car is ready this summer.
That one with the two brothers was the best episode imo. I agree that the show is a lot of BS, And i diddnt know that the loser can buy the car back. It all looks like a scam to me. Like stated before. Dial the cars in, spot out accordingly if need be, and run all out!! Oh i forgor they already have that show, its called the NHRA and the IHRA! LOL!!

mikelbeck said:
I like watching Pinks, but it's mostly for the laugh factor not so much the racing.

Here's my take on it.

Race 1:
Rich: "Hey, why don't you guys run heads up?"
Racer 1: "No, I can't do that, I've got a car that I threw togehter in my garage 20 minutes ago, he's got an all-out race car. Look, he's even got decals on the doors!"
Racer 2: "Buck-buck-buck (chicken noises)"
Crowd: "Heads up! Heads up!"
Racer 1: "Ok, heads up".

Both guys are on and off the throttle all the way down the track, racer 1 loses by 2 lengths.

Race 2:
Rich: "Racer 1, do you agree that you got spanked? What do you want for this race?"
Racer 1: "50 lengths"
Racer 2: "Nah, too much. How bout you turn on the bottle this time and we go heads up again?"
Racer 1: "I was on the bottle, all my lame car can do is run like a high 15 even with a 150 shot. Why don't you pull out the bottle and give me 5 lengths?"
Racer 2: "Ok, I'll pull out one of my 3 stages, but you only get 2 lenghts".
Racer 1: "Deal."

Racer 1 again loses by 2 lengths.

Race 3:
Rich: "Dude, you really suck at this. Racer 2, you got one mean-assed machine. We said to bring a 14 second car and you brought out Warren Johnson's old pro stock machine. You're gonna have to give up some lengths".
Nate: "These guy are pretty even, I don't think they're gonna need many lengths".
Racer 1: "Gimme 75 lengths".
Racer 2: "50, and that's it"
Rich: "That sounds like a fair race"
Track Manager: "You gotta fix that tranny leak before you can race again"
Racer 1: "51 lengths"
Racer 2: "50 and a half"
Rich: "Come on, it's half a length. How 'bout you just go heads up?"
Crowd: "Heads Up! Heads Up!"
Racer 1: "50 and a half"
Racer 2: "50 and a quarter"
Rich: "If you guys can't agree, I'm gonna call it and sell both of your cars and sell them on eBay!"
Racer 2: "50 and a quarter, and that's it. I'm not giving my car away."
Nate: "50 lengths sounds fair to me!"
Racer 1: "Ok, deal".

Racer 1 goes out and slips in his own tranny fluid, nearly hits the wall while Racer 2 launches off the trans brake, pulls a monster wheel stand and runs a mid 7 at almost 200 MPH.

Cale: "Rich, Racer 1 lost by about half a mile. What was that guy thinking bringing the piece of junk out here?"

Music: "Walk Away... From me... My Love..."

Me: "Click"
ROLMFAO!!!!!The sad part is that is exactly how the show is! LOL!

pinks? let me see, how can I describe this show in one word?... LAME!

or maybe a phrase... "I would rather chew broken glass"!

Chuck

I did enjoy the VW bug rocket down there and pull a 90 degree turn near the finish nearly taking out the other guy in the process, that bug was totally out of control. Not big on the show either and never met a muscle car I didn't like, just like some more than others.

1969340dart said:
I don't know what to think of you guys that are always bashing Chevys and Fords! Some of them are worth as much as any Mopar! What about a ZL1 Camaro what do you think one is worth! A Real Shelby Mustang! A Yenko Camaro or Nickey Camaro. :scratch: I love Mopars just as much as anyone but I also own Chevys! I don't go around bashing any classic car! I think they are all Special. It takes a lot of $$$ to restore any car,I do have to say that Mopar parts are much more expensive than other Car Parts!I just don't agree with you guys on bashing other cars.Sure is a shame to do so in my book.hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bobby

I agree what 2shelbys said about the chevy people bashing each other or other GM brands. I was a Buick Gran Sport guy before I went to Mopar and I was always bashed from chevy guys. The ford guys are no different. My first car was a '63 Buick Riv with a 425 and used to race this 70' 428 Mach1 all the time. He used to beat me by 3 or 4 car lengths and hassle me that no Buick (or Bu-Dog as he called it) could beat his 428. I used to tell him that when I get a Stage 1 we will see. Three years later I get my Stage 1 and beat his Mach 1. Then he says a Boss 429 will clean me up, I say bring it on. 6 months go by I pull up to the stoplight next to a Boss 429 and guess who it is... yep you guessed it. He wouldn't run me saying that the car was worth to much to race. He finally gave in weeks later because everyone was telling him he was a puss for not racing a "Buick". So we finally race and it's game over for the 429, of course he had all kinds of excuses. So bashing is OK if you can back it up and I could give a crap what a ZL1 Camaro, Shelby Mustang or whatever sells for, that right sells for, because it's not worth dogpie if the owner won't use it as it was intended.

Also I don't care what you think of me, so think away.

Chuck

-
Back